“Great getaway!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bernard's Landing

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Moneta
Bernard's Landing
You added Bernard's Landing to your Saves list
775 Ashmeade Rd., Moneta, VA 24121   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Moneta
Washington, DC
“Great getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed the summer of last year and I completely forgot to leave a glowing review!

The pictures do not do the property justice. It's secluded, peaceful, and great for the kids. Make sure to bring your bikes! There are plenty of trails, tennis courts, pools, and of course- the lake. The condos were beautifully furnished and the staff was always ready to help.

My only complaint would be food choices that were a bit on the expensive side. There are some restaurants in town that are good family spots for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bedford, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We have stayed in 3 different Hillside units on four different occasions. The decor in each unit is different, clean, kitchen well stocked, with good beds. Good location for walking, swimming (indoor and out), excerise room,biking, clubhouse and boating. We enjoy going in the Fall when rates are lower and there are no crowds! Had the indoor pool to ourselves.

During Off season several off the nearby restaurants are closed at the beginning of the week.

Room Tip: Hillside condo's one bedroom we choose the top floor because the better views, quieter, vaulted...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Norway, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Unfortunately, I was only at this beautiful location for three days.... Not enough time! Arrived at Bernard's Landing and was greeted by this friendly young lady. She was pleasant and full of information. I stayed in the Woodlands in Condo 1109. It was on the third floor (which was fine with me but there is no elevator so if you have a problem with stairs, please tell them you need to be on the first floor). The condo was a three bedroom, 3 bath condo - perfect for three business women! I was there off-season (September) and so it was VERY quiet and very few people around. I loved sitting out on the balcony at night with a glass of wine and listening to nature. In the morning, the sunrises over the Lake were simply gorgeous. Two bedrooms had Queen beds which were comfy. The third bedroom was a loft with two twins - but it was comfy as well. The condo had everything we needed. We also used the conference center for business meetings. No complaints! If you go, make sure you take time to go fishing. I am not much of a fisherman but I loved it! We hired a captain and a boat for 5 hours. We caught 8 stripers and had a terrific time. Also - note - the local grocery store (Krogers) is only 7 miles away along with a CVS and several restaraunts. I would love to go back... What a beautiful location! PS - you will need to pick up things like paper towels, shampoo, etc and bring your own beach towel. Make sure you bring sneakers and a rain jacket.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the lake!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Loudonville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We just spent our first week at Beranrd's Landing. If you have children (ours are 7 & 10) consider the Woodlands Building. The docks out front were perfect for swimming/fishing off of. People in our unit were very friendly. No late night parties, barking dogs or other annoyances. Very quiet between the units. The top level has a great view but we are considering ground level next time. Outdoor pool is very close. There is also a larger outdoor pool and beach area but we didn't use it as much with the others so close. I longed for an evening event at the main building but they only had it on Saturdays (check in/ check out for us). Had to make our own fun but easy to do with the other families so friendly and easy going!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We visited Bernard's Landing for a friend's wedding. We had no idea what we were in store for. What a beautiful lake and beautiful property. Since my wife (a school teacher) was out for the summer, we decided to check-in Thursday for a long weekend. We had all day Friday to look around. It was great. We were in the Hillside building which wasn't right up against the water but the lake was still right there. I liked being on the hill and able to see the mountain and water, something we don't get in Atlanta.

The young lady at the front desk was very helpful and gave us some ideas of to do. Which we did rent a boat from Bernard's and venture into a few nearby coves.....beautiful housing and land all around us. We returned and had a cocktail at the GastroPub. The bartender made my wife her new favorite drink, a raspberry margarita. I liked the beer location and their pretzels, oh yeah

The pool was not crowded at all so we had a nice peaceful Saturday before the wedding. They had a lot more to offer than we new. So I think we will be back again with our families to enjoy all of the amenities.....like tennis, racquetball, the sauna. The beach was pretty cool too, they nice umbrellas for shade.

I suspect the wedding pictures will be awesome - it was a sunny day and everyone seemed to like the location and the drinks. We kind of wished it was our wedding and were a little jealous that they found this spot (we were just married last year) instead of us.

We spoke to the front desk before and will definitely be back soon. It really was an unexpectesd treasure to find - it was well worth the drive and price for what they had to offer and the view just made it that much sweeter. I recommend that you check them out.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I recommended this hotel to my family and they stayed their during a recent Virginia Wine Tour. I, of course, tagged along and we all had a wonderful time! I'm so glad they decided to rent a place here. It had been a few years since I've visited and they are still excellent. Their location is perfect for the local wine tour (Bedford Wine Tour, I believe it was called?). We toured about 5 wineries in a day and came back to cook a wonderful dinner in our condo. It was so nice to have all of the amenities from home. There is a grocery store on the way too - so we were able to stock up for the weekend. The condo was spotless (and I'm a picky traveler - very clean!). The nicest part was having breakfast together with everyone the next morning and being able to look at the beautiful lake. This is just the perfect spot! I hope to plan a family reunion there this Thanksgiving! I bet it would be beautiful in the fall! Kudos to their staff - one of my favorite places.

Room Tip: I've stayed here a few times and all of the views are beautiful. I really don't think you co...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bedford, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Bernard's Landing was the location for our honeymoon and we chose to return to celebrate our 20th anniversary. The location and views can't be beat and coming in the off season we pretty much had the place to ourselves. No trouble in finding parking, using any of the facilities, and did not have to dodge the speed boats when we sailed!.

We stayed in HS1215 while clean the entire unit needs updating and general fixing up. In our opinion it felt like a tired grand hotel instead of a upscale condo.

If you bring a boat be prepared to WALK as trailers are not allowed to be left at the boat launch. Example: put boat in water, sailed to dock closest to unit, walked back to boat launch, drove trailer to lot for parking, drove back to unit, walked back to dock and the boat. Makes me tired just writing about it!

I would not advise Bernards for those who are handicapped or have trouble walking as every unit seems to have stairs as does the club house and conferance center.

Room Tip: Choose your unit and rental agent carefully as they are all not of the same standard in furnishings...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bernard's Landing? Share your experiences!