“Tasty for lunch, dinner, and dessert!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 184 Restaurants in Midlothian
Richmond, Virginia
“Tasty for lunch, dinner, and dessert!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We are regular customers of their dessert counter, but the two of us recently decided to try their dinner menu. They do not have a lot of tables, but we were seated immediately despite the busy dinner hour. Our waitress was attentive and friendly, and very knowledgeable about the menu. I ordered the red pepper soup with a pesto chicken panini, and my other half got the French onion soup with the pesto chicken panini. Our food was made and brought out quickly; everything looked beautiful and was hot off the grill. My soup had a swirl of what looked like sour cream over the top, and my other half's onion soup had a pretty lattice of interwoven cheese melted over it. The red pepper soup was divine; very flavorful and creamy with chunks of peppers in it. His soup had lots of onion bits and thick chunks of bread in it. We both agreed- super delicious! Our sandwiches were also every bit delicious... beautifully grilled panini bread, hot off the grill, with big pieces of sliced chicken breast and ooey-gooey melted cheese, all covered with a wonderful pesto sauce. Soooooo good! And the price was great- $12 for the sandwich and soup. And of course, we saved room for dessert! Mister loves their cannoli (which they fill fresh- no soggy cannoli here!) and I am a longtime fan of their Chocolate Disaronno cake. Yes, the desserts are a little pricey, but as said before- its worth it! This is a really nice place for a date night dinner, and of course, always good for a dessert stop!

Richmond, Virginia
“And - I didn't even HAVE dessert!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Visited for an afternoon lunch with my elderly Dad. I fully expected him to want dessert, but he passed after all. I'd been here before with a friend, so I knew he would like the food.
During lunch, you have to order at the counter - which is filled with GORGEOUS desserts. We had excellent coffee and really good sandwiches. Both were quite delicious. The atmosphere is very nice - and the gals working the counter, serving and bussing the tables are really working hard!
This is a really cute place, and I am picky. If I didn't need to lose weight, I would surely get some pastries!

“The Yummiest!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

And the nicest people as well! This family-owned and operated establishment is sort of like Cheers for those of us who go often: everybody knows your name. On top of that lovely atmosphere, the food is wonderful. They do the BEST gluten-free desserts and even created a beautiful birthday cake for me that was gluten-free. My guests didn't even know it was GF. They just knew it was delicious!

Lunch is always a treat, with something to suit every palate and appetite. Everything is always fresh and freshly made.

Dinner is also wonderful. I had a filet mignon that was one of the best I have ever eaten. And I am told that the pasta dishes are original and equally delicious.

The Desserterie is a don't miss for anyone who appreciates elegant food in a casual setting.

“Lunch Only”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Next time I'll try the dessert. They all looked very good. I had the smoked salmon wrapped asparagus as an appetizer and the chicken tortilla soup. Both were very good. I had an espresso, which was also very good. I definitely look forward to returning for dessert.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Midlothian, Virginia
“Great lunch with fabulous food and friends!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I enjoyed a great lunch including new items to their menu: tomato basil soup and quiche. The raspberry gelato was very good too!

• Visited February 2014