“Great BBQ & side dishes” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 166 Restaurants in Midlothian
Cuisines: Barbecue
Richmond, Virginia
“Great BBQ & side dishes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We have been to 2 'Q' locations in the Richmond area and are big fans of their food. All three of their main BBQ offerings (pork, brisket, chicken) are great - best purchased as sandwiches with cole slaw on top - and the ribs are by far the best I've ever had; meaty, loose on the bone, and full of smokey goodness. Their BBQ sauces are excellent, but their meat is so full of flavor that I personally enjoy it without the distraction of sauce.

Side dishes we've tried include red potato salad, collared greens, hush puppies, and baked beans, and they're all excellent (I'm not a fan of greens myself but I get theirs almost every time). Two sides are included in their standard "Q Meal."

They've also got a variety of soda and bottled beers. Our personal favorite drink with BBQ is Cheer Wine (for the uninitiated, this is a soda - not an actual wine - very popular south of the Mason-Dixon line); it goes hand-in-hand with barbeque.

Service is fast and friendly - order at the counter and your meal is delivered to the table by number. Atmosphere is a couple of steps above a bar or fast-food joint, very family-friendly, even for those not well acquainted with 'barbeque joints' elsewhere.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Farmville, Virginia, United States
“Barbecue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stopped by for late lunch on the Fourth of July while visiting Richmond. The food was delicious, a lil pricey but super flavorful. Great atmosphere!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chesterfield, Virginia
“Q Barbeque, New Location On Hull Street Road”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is a new location, Off Hull Street Road at 13800 Fribble Way, Midlothian, VA.

We had an early dinner with many family and friends with my Grandson, Graduating from Clover Hill HS on June 6th.
This was my first visit and by no means will it be my last. I have tried BBQ places thru out the country, and hands down they have the best of the best. This out shines one of my favorite types of BBQ from eastern North Carolina.
This is a fast food type operation with sit down as well as take out. The service was tops for this type of operation. After we got our orders together and place our order, we were given a number. This was a large order and it was served with no mistakes. We had the 3 ribs taster, BBQ pork, BBQ chicken, brisket, onion rings, greens (these were great) and I can't remember what else. They have many more sides and they all looked great. We didn't get the dessert because of being rushed to get to the graduation, but I will be back to try all of the above and the banada pudding..........You have to try this place....

• Visited June 2013