“Excellent seafood, wonderful service, atmosphere galore!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Midlothian, Virginia
“Excellent seafood, wonderful service, atmosphere galore!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband took me to Crab Louie's for Mother's Day & it was my first time eating there. They brought a trio of relishes & a platter of sweet breads around and those made for a lovely appetizer. I chose the crab cake & Gulf shrimp combo & it was really SO good! My husband had the fried seafood combination & he said the fish was the best he'd ever tasted. The shrimp were the biggest we had ever had, they were tender & full of flavor! Both meals came with a salad & a side. There were plenty of options on the menu, it looks like they have something for everyone. I was too full to try dessert but the selection looked wonderful. I loved the atmosphere, our waitress was pleasant, knowledgeable & did a good job. I think this will be our new "go to" place for celebrating special events - it just has that feel! I really think you'll enjoy Crab Louie's!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Midlothian, Virginia
“Standby for great seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This restaurant in a Tavern is an excellent seafood restaurant. Their swordfish has always been a favorite of mine. The spinach is a nice side for any dish and the seafood Chesapeake is really a treat. Never tried the deserts but the she crab soup is real she crab soup. This has been a favorite of mine for over 20 years.

Visited June 2013
Sheerness, United Kingdom
“Great seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I've been to this restaurant twice and both times it has been a great evening meal. The portions are generous by UK standards and always a little too much for me. But the food and service is great. The bread selection is great.

The styling is different, very nautical.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
hyderabad
“Crab Louie rules”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

For someone used to grand entrances and modern restaurant buildings, I was a little apprehensive while entering Crab Louie's. However, once inside all my apprehensions were set to rest by the friendly staff and the cosy ambience. Once the food arrived, I realized why my gracious hosts brought me here. For anyone visiting these parts, do consider eating here.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Powhatan, Virginia
“No better seafood restaurant in the Richmond area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I have been eating at Crab Louie's regularly for over 20 years. I have never had a bad meal there. The soups, breads and salads are all wonderful. I get the Norfolk Combination every time and it is always cooked to perfection. We rarely have room for dessert, but the raspberry sorbet is quite tasty. Of late, we have had a fantastic waiter, which makes the experience even better. Fascinating historical building. Convenient location. Choosing a seafood chain over this place would be ridiculous!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere