“Lunch was excellent” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Richmond, Virginia
“Lunch was excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

This placewas tooo loud and crowded when we went by for dinner. There lunch was excellent. I'm surprised they don't get more business at this time. It's definitely ann after work hangout.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chesterfield, Virginia
“Don't go by the name, trust the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Kind of an odd name, since the place is anything but awful. I had the smothered tilapia, and my wife the shrimp scampi. I would have to say my wife's was a little better, but both were good. I'm a big hush puppy fan, and these were pretty good. Atmosphere is good , and our service was excellent. We'll go back.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Midlothian, Virginia
“Simple seafood, fair prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

Awful Arthur's replaces the long-time Milepost 5 seafood restaurant, and not much has changed in the décor or atmosphere. Seems a bit brighter, and certainly less dusty and cluttered, but retains the low-key beach hangout theme. Value is the draw, reasonable prices for large portions of simply prepared seafood. Nothing fancy or inventive, serving up standard shrimp & fish platters, same as several other stores in this chain. Separate raw bar is best for couples or adult groups, as the dining room fills with families and large groups. A screened-in patio looks inviting, and I expect to try that in the warmer weather. Finally, our server was prompt, friendly and knowledgeable, checking in and keeping our glasses filled. Overall, an unpretentious place for a fairly-priced dinner.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, VA
“Great happy hour prices and great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

My husband and I met some friends on Friday night for dinner. We were happy to see the happy hour drink and food prices. We ordered oysters, steamed shrimp and ahi tuna. The oysters and shrimp were fabulous. The ahi tuna appetizer was just ok. I was not impressed with the dipping sauce and I felt like it was a little on the dry side. We will definately be back for happy hour seafood and drinks. I called to see if they took reservations and I was told that they did for groups of 8 or more but when we arrived there were four four top tables in the bar area that had reserved signs on them. The hostess told us that they must take reservations. Confusing.

• Visited January 2012