“I agree,,,, it's the people” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express

You added Holiday Inn Express to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8710 Midlothian Turnpike, Midlothian, VA 23235 (Formerly Comfort Inn Midlothian)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Midlothian
usa
“I agree,,,, it's the people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The tall, beautiful woman behind the front desk and the small bundle of "caring mom" energy who takes care of the breakfasts are the outstanding features of this otherwise
competent-but-uninteresting chain property. The beds are comfortable, the linens crisp, the amenities bare but adequate. The motel is clean. When I checked in, I was surprised at how plain it was, to have received an 8 plus rating on Priceline, but by the middle of breakfast, I'd figured it out. People who interacted with me without rote responses and a definite generosity in the array at breakfast (although not the health food I, myself, would have wanted... it was just a generous offer of typically awful foodstuffs,) Imagine good food at a chain motel! But I digress. This is a nice place to stay, and even nicer if you get it on an Express Deal. Pool wasn't open but I suspect it will be clean.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
earth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When you stay at a hotel, you get a feeling. The feeling may be that the rooms are clean and everything works; that the front desk is efficient or not. That the price/value relationship was positive or negative, etc.
That said, the owner of this hotel has obviously spent over a million dollars renovating this hotel and converting it to a Holiday Inn Express. We initially chose it because Holiday Inn Express has a reputation for consistency. Yes, the room was clean. Yes, everything works in the room. Yes, the front desk was efficient. All of the basics were done.
Then, we made friends. We weren’t looking for them, but they just happened. First, it was San at the Front Desk. She’s a wonderful young woman at the front desk who, yes, is friendly and efficient, but she is so much more. She worked her way into our visit, genuinely concerned that we have a good time. Making suggestions, jokes, and comments that a friend would. It isn’t something that was trained into her. It is who she is.
We then met Kiman, The Prince of the Morning. Kiman is in charge of the wonderful breakfast they serve. He takes personal responsibility and well-deserved pride in the service and product he delivers. He greets every guest with a pleasant “good morning”. And is observant of what the guest likes and doesn’t like. Within boundaries, he tries to tailor the breakfast experience for each guest.
It was a pleasure to get to know these two, and enjoy the fine work of the people behind the scenes who clean and keep everything working.

Room Tip: 3rd floor was very nice
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for staying with us and for your fantastic review. My favorite reviews are the ones that praise our hotel staff. We believe we have the best team of associates at any hotel in the area and it is great to read that this was your experience, too.
We are delighted to hear that you were comfortable during your stay and enjoyed the results of our recent renovations. Please consider yourself officially welcomed back and I hope that you will decide to allow us to serve you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Courtney's attitude is awesome very nice and all ways greeting guests when they walk in and walk out very friendly and outgoing but some management members are all ways rude to her but she does her job RIGHT!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express Richmond - Midlothian Turnpike. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I arrive on a Saturday night . The front desk associate Sean greeted me with very excellent customer service he made sure I made it to my room safely and ask me did I need him to assist me on anything. He made sure the lobby was always clean and put fresh coffee out. Also makes good popcorn ... Sean always greet me everytime I come down from the room ... He is a wonderful front desk associate im glad my visit was excellent because of him .

Room Tip: bed comfortable and clean
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Some of my favorite reviews are the ones that compliment our staff. We feel we have a very caring and hard working staff that go above and beyond to make sure our guests are taken care of and it is a pleasure to hear that this was your experience. We hope to have the pleasure of your company again soon!
Chester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

From the time you walk in to the time you walk out you are surprised (some good some bad).
I got to the hotel in the evening, and received pleasant greeting from Courtney at the desk.
when i got to the room i fell on the bed, it was like sleeping on a bed of clouds. the next morning breakfast was hot and fresh. my overall experience was good except, fans should be in the bathrooms and guy at the front desk with the glasses should not be so creepy, he made me feel uneasy. When i come back i'll be sure to bring the wife and kids.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
We are delighted to hear that you were so very comfortable and received excellent service during your stay! I am pleased that you had the opportunity to enjoy our delicious hot breakfast buffet - it's a guest favorite. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again the next time your travels bring you to the Richmond area.
Rogersville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I arrived on a Sunday evening. The young girl that checked me in was talking to house keeping. Once she turned her attention to me, she started the check-in process. She never ask me about my IHG membership, so I ask her if they had in on file. She said, "Yes, I see it." She ask me if I was satisfied with my room..?? I responded that I guess, I hadn't seen it yet.. Anyway, The hotel was clean and the beds were comfortable. The toilet, IS LOW as mentioned in other reviews. The wall paper in the bathroom is peeling and its missing the cover for the ground fault plug in the bathroom. Every hotel I have stayed in always greets you when you walk in of the morning, evening etc.. This same girl was always sitting in the lobby when we returned talking to a group of ppl holding her cell phone. She would raise up to see who was coming in and then recline back when she seen it was "just a guest".. The black gentlemen that prepared breakfast of the mornings was EXACTLY the kind of employee you need in that business. Very Professional, Friendly and proudly represented the hotel. It's funny how one negative person can change your whole experience. Honestly, if you try to picture that stay without her, I would rate it a 4.5...

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your candid feedback on your stay. We take all guest concerns and feedback very seriously and I can assure you that we have already addressed the maintenance and service issues you mentioned. We appreciate your taking the time to bring these concerns to our attention. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the top-notch service we are typically known for in our breakfast area and it was a pleasure to share your comments with our staff.
We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to exceed your expectations the next time your travels bring you to the Richmond area.
Lawsonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2015

I stay there about every week because of work. I have always received top notch customer service. The staff are wonderful and always there to help. The lobby and the rooms are very inviting and comfortable. They go out of their way to make my night away from home feel like a home.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, February 24, 2015
We are honored that you choose to stay with us whenever your travels bring you to the Richmond area. It is such a pleasure to hear that you consider the Holiday Inn Express Richmond - Midlothian Turnpike to be a home away from home. Our goal is to welcome each of our guests just as we would welcome a guest in our own home and your kind comments are the seal of approval on our efforts. Thank you for your business and for your recommendation to other travelers. We look forward to your next stay.

Been to Holiday Inn Express? Share your experiences!