When you stay at a hotel, you get a feeling. The feeling may be that the rooms are clean and everything works; that the front desk is efficient or not. That the price/value relationship was positive or negative, etc.
That said, the owner of this hotel has obviously spent over a million dollars renovating this hotel and converting it to a Holiday Inn Express. We initially chose it because Holiday Inn Express has a reputation for consistency. Yes, the room was clean. Yes, everything works in the room. Yes, the front desk was efficient. All of the basics were done.
Then, we made friends. We weren’t looking for them, but they just happened. First, it was San at the Front Desk. She’s a wonderful young woman at the front desk who, yes, is friendly and efficient, but she is so much more. She worked her way into our visit, genuinely concerned that we have a good time. Making suggestions, jokes, and comments that a friend would. It isn’t something that was trained into her. It is who she is.
We then met Kiman, The Prince of the Morning. Kiman is in charge of the wonderful breakfast they serve. He takes personal responsibility and well-deserved pride in the service and product he delivers. He greets every guest with a pleasant “good morning”. And is observant of what the guest likes and doesn’t like. Within boundaries, he tries to tailor the breakfast experience for each guest.
It was a pleasure to get to know these two, and enjoy the fine work of the people behind the scenes who clean and keep everything working.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel offers free wireless high-speed Internet access, free weekday newspaper, free deluxe continental breakfast, spacious updated exercise room, seasonal outdoor courtyard pool, business center. Business travelers will appreciate voice mail, work desks, access to fax and copy services. Newly renovated guest rooms feature coffee makers, microwaves, refrigerators, irons with boards, hair dryers. Some rooms with two king beds; two room suites available. Bob Evans restaurant next door. Restaurants, cocktail lounges, theater, specialty shops nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Midlothian Hotel Richmond
- Comfort Inn Richmond
- Richmond Comfort Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Midlothian, Virginia