“Very Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Richmond E - Midlothian Turnpike

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Richmond E - Midlothian Turnpike to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Richmond E - Midlothian Turnpike
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8710 Midlothian Turnpike, Midlothian, VA 23235 (Formerly Comfort Inn Midlothian)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Midlothian
Pennsylvania
“Very Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I traveled to Richmond, VA this past weekend and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Midlothian Turnpike and was very pleased with everything. When I made the reservations I spoke with Amelia and she was very friendly and courteous, as were the two gentlemen at the front desk when we arrived. The hotel, and room specifically, were neat and clean. We had a late check-in and the popcorn machine in the lobby was a pleasant surprise...nice perk! The hotel is close to restaurants, shopping, etc.and I'd recommend to others.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Richmond E - Midlothian Turnpike, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express Richmond - Midlothian Turnpike. It appears you travel a great deal, so a great review from you means the world to us! We truly appreciate your comments on our friendly staff, the cleanliness of the hotel and guest room, and the great amenities. We have recently finished many updates to our property and it is a pleasure to share the new look, amenities and upgrades with our guests. We look forward to making your next stay even more pleasant than the last.

Business
Warsaw, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Room was great, hotel was clean, our room was clean.. We was up on the 3rd floor, so it was quiet, They asked if we had any preference as to where we would like to be, we stated we would like quiet as there was a soccer team staying there also.. No problems... Breakfast was good...

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Richmond E - Midlothian Turnpike, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
It was a pleasure having you as our recent guest and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed a quiet and relaxing visit with us. We having high standards for cleanliness so we particularly appreciate your compliments on the cleanliness of our hotel and guest rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in the Richmond area.
Sarah Holliday
Guest Relations
Holiday Inn Express Richmond Midlothian Turnpike
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This is now a Holiday Inn Express. Construction is still going on so it is a little crazy right now. If you can look past all of that, the hotel is a great location. The bed was comfortable. The toilet ran constantly but a closed door muffled the sound a little bit. Maintenance worker to came to fix the toilet knocked on the door although I had my do not disturb sign out, which was annoying since I was on a work conference call. I have dietary restrictions so I didn't partake of the free breakfast. Not sure of the pool since I don't swim. Staff was courteous and friendly. Served my purpose for the one night stay.

I will say that the price seems a tad on the high side for the current condition, so be aware of that. I also have to review some additional charges that may be customary under the old brand that I have never had with IHG properties.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Richmond E - Midlothian Turnpike, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you for your willingness to “pardon our dust” as we complete renovations in an effort to bring our guests an even better experience while visiting our hotel. We are glad that our location was convenient for your needs and that you were comfortable in your newly updated room.

Please accept my apologies on behalf of the maintenance worker who disturbed your conference call. We have taken advantage of this opportunity to remind our staff of our procedures to ensure another guest is not disturbed. I am glad that your other interactions with our staff were courteous and friendly.

We are sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced as a result of our ongoing redesign efforts and we hope you will stay with us again soon so that we may have the opportunity to share the finished product with you. We feel certain you will be impressed. Thank you for being our guest and for caring enough to share your feedback.
Lynchburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This is no longer a Choice Hotels Property! My sister and I had made reservations using my Choice Privilege points, when I logged into the system, my reservations were cancelled and we were NOT told! Basically I was going to get to Richmond with a 2 year old and may or may not have a reservation! I called the 1800 number and was told that I couldn't get my points back and the hotel may or may not honor the reservation because they are no longer a part of the brand!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Richmond E - Midlothian Turnpike, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Yes, our hotel did recently make the conversion to a Holiday Inn Express. We continue to offer exceptional customer service, great value and a convenient location with the addition of newly renovated rooms and public areas.
Without the details of your reservations, it is difficult for me to comment on your specific concerns, but please be assured that no reservations were cancelled, they were simply moved to our new system. Please accept my apologies on behalf of Choice Hotels that you were not contacted regarding your Reward Points. Should you have any additional questions or concerns regarding points for your stay, their Customer Service line should be able to help you.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Richmond E - Midlothian Turnpike? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Richmond E - Midlothian Turnpike

Address: 8710 Midlothian Turnpike, Midlothian, VA 23235 (Formerly Comfort Inn Midlothian)
Location: United States > Virginia > Midlothian
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Midlothian
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Richmond E - Midlothian Turnpike 2.5*
Hotel offers free wireless high-speed Internet access, free weekday newspaper, free deluxe continental breakfast, spacious updated exercise room, seasonal outdoor courtyard pool, business center. Business travelers will appreciate voice mail, work desks, access to fax and copy services. Newly renovated guest rooms feature coffee makers, microwaves, refrigerators, irons with boards, hair dryers. Some rooms with two king beds; two room suites available. Bob Evans restaurant next door. Restaurants, cocktail lounges, theater, specialty shops nearby. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Richmond E - Midlothian Turnpike reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn Midlothian Hotel Richmond
Comfort Inn Richmond
Richmond Comfort Inn
Holiday Inn Express Richmond E - Midlothian Turnpike Virginia

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Richmond E - Midlothian Turnpike, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.