“Wrong time to visit?” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Wrong time to visit?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We slipped in at an odd time, about 2:30 p.m. on a Sunday, and maybe that had something to do wiyh our experience. Mine was fine, good fish and chips, no complaints. My wife, however, got a terrible meal. She went for the O'brien's brisket ... Big mistake. She had me try it. Chordy, nasty stuff. I'm thinking we picked an off time and the wrong dish there, so I'd give it another shot. Don't know that I could convince my wife, though. If you go, stick to the basics (fish n chips, shepherds pie). Otherwise, you might be taking a chance.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

DC area
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Authentic Irish fare - don't order a salad, go for a Shepherd's pie or Irish sausage, you won't regret it! Guinness is served just right - pub-style, and the owner entertains the crowd with very pleasant and well-performed Irish songs. Great experience overall!

Visited May 2013
Strasburg, Virginia
“Love the Irish atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Delicious irish food. We love the Shepherd's pie. The beer is always cold. I especially love the owner's singing of the Irish songs. Reminds me of the music my parents used to love. Always enjoy going to Irish Isles!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Front Royal, Virginia
“lovely !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Have been here twice and loved it each time. First time was for Sunday lunch in the restaurant, and then a Saturday evening in the downstairs pub. Food was great! service was good, and I loved the atmosphere. Will definitely go here again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Round Hill, Virginia, United States
“Check Out The Basement!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I took a back country drive and landed in Middletown at the Irish Isle. We enjoy restaurants where we can sit at the bar and talk with the bartender and with locals to find out more about the area. When we first walked into the restaurant, we didn't see a bar - so we asked and were directed to the basement and WOW! The owners have gone through great effort to decorate the basement like an authentic Irish pub. OK, I've never been to Ireland, but this basement is the image I have in my mind. Ordered some Guiness and Fish and Chips - excellent! My husband had a burger and found it very delightful as well. We hung around for about 3 hours and just soaked in the atmosphere and conversation.

• Visited February 2013