“lovely !” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Front Royal, Virginia
“lovely !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Have been here twice and loved it each time. First time was for Sunday lunch in the restaurant, and then a Saturday evening in the downstairs pub. Food was great! service was good, and I loved the atmosphere. Will definitely go here again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Round Hill, Virginia, United States
“Check Out The Basement!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I took a back country drive and landed in Middletown at the Irish Isle. We enjoy restaurants where we can sit at the bar and talk with the bartender and with locals to find out more about the area. When we first walked into the restaurant, we didn't see a bar - so we asked and were directed to the basement and WOW! The owners have gone through great effort to decorate the basement like an authentic Irish pub. OK, I've never been to Ireland, but this basement is the image I have in my mind. Ordered some Guiness and Fish and Chips - excellent! My husband had a burger and found it very delightful as well. We hung around for about 3 hours and just soaked in the atmosphere and conversation.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stuarts Draft, Virginia
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We first visited before Christmas before going to the Wayside Theater. Such a fantastic gem of a restaurant, everything was great, including the little pub downstairs. We have since been back twice and loved it. The food is out of this world especially my favorite the fish and chips, a huge piece of expertly fried cod, I had the potato of the day instead of fries which were great.
My husband loved the chicken pie, and we both enjoyed the bread pudding.
Nothing but perfection in my book.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Severna Park, Maryland
“Wee bit suprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I were traveling through the area when we stumbled upon this gem of a spot. Authentic Irish fare in the foothills of the Shenandoah mountains. The owner is quite the musician, and the food was great. The restaurant is in an old bank, complete with 110 yearvault. If you are in the area, you must stop in.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Strasburg, Virginia
“Great Pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Fun atmosphere, great downstairs pub, and the best outdoor patio service around :) Nothing like a warm evening outside under the stars with a cool pint.

Visited August 2012