“great B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Middleburg Country Inn

You added Middleburg Country Inn to your Saves list
Middleburg Country Inn
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   209 East Washington Street, Middleburg, VA 20118   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Middleburg B&B and Inns
guilford, connecticut
“great B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

stayed for only one night in this lovely inn in middleburg. the owner JoAnn was spectacular!! handed us glasses of wine as we checked in and continued to serve us as we visited with friends who met us for dinner. the inn is beautiful with lush gardens, obviously well cared for. the room we had was lovely with a very comfortable bed. Breakfast was terrific!! we hope to go back!

Room Tip: they are all great
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

If you're looking for a well kept, charming inn in the "Hunt Country" of Virginia, look no further. The Middleburg Inn is a lovely home situated in the heart of Middleburg. The rooms are comfortable and nicely furnished. The owner goes out of her way to inform you about what's happening in the town. Feel free to ask her about the best restaurants nearby. Bring some good books and take advantage of the serene atmosphere of this inn. I was there in the summer, but I imagine it would be a delightful experience to be there during the holidays when it is decorated with beautiful wreaths and greenery. Take advantage of this inn's location if you're visiting the gorgeous countryside of Loudoun County. Remember that the main thoroughfare (route 50) will be very crowded during the week from the hours of 4 - 6:30. Once rush hour ends, the town will return to its usual peaceful state. Take a trip back in time at the Middleburg Country Inn and embrace the magic of a bygone era.

Room Tip: If you don't want to climb stairs, ask for a room on the first floor. The first floor also has...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Just spent our Anniversary at the Middleburg Country Inn and could not have been more satisfied with the choice. My wife gave me 5 stars for selecting it. The owner, Jo Ann, was all one could want in a hostess. The location was perfect, the room superb, the breakfast divine, nad the facilities were all thoughfully designed and decorated. Jo Ann's suggestion for dinner - the Goodstone Inn - was spot on. As the hostess she made us feel special and was quite informative about the local area. I can see why this Inn is so well thought of. Having stayed at B&B's all over the world, hers is in the top 5. I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Gunston Hall room, which is in the rear of the property and off the main road - not...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mikeyluvs2travel
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

My husband booked a suite at the Middleburg Country Inn during the weekend of the worst blizzard VA has seen in 10 years. The owners had no problem with us canceling our reservation. We decided to reschedule for a different weekend in late March. Fortunately for us, there were no other guests at the Inn that weekend so we were upgraded to our choice of honeymoon suite. There was a beautiful jacuzzi tub in the room and a four poster bed. We lazily shopped and walked around town, dined at the French Hound, and saunted in and out of coffee shops. Breakfast was delicious and made to order. The Eggs Benedict I had the first day was so good I ordered it again the next morning. We also had fresh scones with clotted cream and jam, coffee, and fresh fruit. I'd definately stay here again, thanks for the wonderful time!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VALovers
Draper, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed for just 1 night, but it was pleasant. Clean , well-appointed room, good location right downtown, parking , nice breakfast, nice host. And not too expensive. Room was a bit cold, but we solved that by placing a pillow over the AC vent (per the owner's suggestion). We would stay there again next time

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

We had a three night stay in the Oatlands room right on the ground floor. Had a great experience at the inn - Kevin and JoAnne were most welcoming and accommodating during our visit and suggested places for us to go and made dinner reservations. The inn is very clean, breakfast excellent, and has full amenities including wifi. Bed was very comfortable. It is located on the edge of town a short 5 minute walk from the center. Would recommend to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

First of all I want to mention that this is the first time I have ever left a review on TripAdvisor. I always research where I am going on this site, but have never felt compelled to leave a review. This time is different. My husband and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary at the Country Inn in June. When I originally started researching I thought we would stay at the Red Fox Inn. When I went to check the reviews on TripAdvisor I noticed that Middleburg Country Inn had nearly perfect reviews (except one clearly crazy person). I looked at the website and we decided to try it. Wow! How glad I am we did! The inn is gorgeous and in a perfect little town. Joann is absolutely fabulous and made our anniversary perfect! We were there less than 15 minutes and she had offered us a glass of wine and suggestions for dinner. From start to finish it was awesome!!! Breakfast was soooo delicous (I have had dreams of the lemon pound cake since we left)! I would suggest anyone stay here for any occassion. It is in a great location. We were in DC in less than an hour. If you enjoy wine there are tons of wineries all around the inn. It truly is a beautiful area. My husband and I agreed there could not be a more gorgeous place to visit. We will definitly be back. Thanks a million Joann you made our stay very special and certainly memorable!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleburg
Poplar Springs Inn & Spa
Comfort Suites Leesburg
#2 of 7 in Leesburg
4.5 of 5 stars 193 reviews
Hampton Inn Gainesville-Haymarket

Been to Middleburg Country Inn? Share your experiences!