“Relaxed setting, good service” 4 of 5 stars

Harrimans Virginia Piedmont Grill
500 North Pendleton Street, Middleburg, VA 20117
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Harrimans Virginia Piedmont Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 20 Restaurants in Middleburg
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
“Relaxed setting, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We took our 10 children (ages 13 to 29) to dinner at Harrimans. We had reservations, and when we arrived our table for 12 was ready, We were treated like special guests, even though we were paying with Travelzoo vouchers. We enjoyed the Mozzarella Caprese with 18 year balsamic (first course), but the filet mignon, although tender, was overdone. It was served with homemade steak sauce,and horseradish on the side, which was delicious.The restaurant also has a private dining area with a lovely table set for 20 Best of all, we were free to roam the property and many wonderful seating areas, from the porches to the fire pits. . The equestrian theme runs through the resort and dining area in a tasteful way. I would return, but would like to visit the Gold Cup, the bar that is alongside Harrimans.I would recommend you try the bar food out first, and if you like it, graduate to the more formal, and more expensive, restaurant on your second visit.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Yummy but overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I couldn't rate this restaurant "average" because the food and service rose above that, but it didn't rise quite high enough to justify the prices charged. This is a new restaurant surrounded by an opulent resort outside a very hoity toity town. These folks are used to spending money, but you still want the experience to equal the investment. Harriman's did not. My Mozarella appetizer was small but yummy - the best part of the meal. There was a loooong wait for every element of this meal: not sure why. I was not asked how I wanted my Salmon entrée cooked, which seemed odd for a restaurant these days. It arrived cooked through with a nice glaze and atop sautéed grits - a nice pairing. The dessert selections were hard to choose between; all were quite original and sounded wonderful. My little baked Alaska was surprising with a chili-infused ice cream - try it! Our waiter T. was personable but did not bother to pour our wine when our glasses were drained. This should be second nature in a nice restaurant when a customer buys a bottle.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“31st Wedding Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

From the greeting to the end of our meal...FABULOUS! We were treated as if we were the only guests in the restaurant. Highly recommend to anyone visiting brief Middleburg, VA area.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Service, so so Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We had a terrific server, but the food was not worth the price. The ambiance was just okay as well. We felt when we asked about specials etc, that the chef thought the selections on the menu were so amazing, that no specials were needed. We disagree. Sounds like the restaurant is still working out some kinks. My husband got the steak and it was so undercooked it was mooing!! And I got the chicken which was good, but the sides had no flavor. We will hope the food improves and see how it goes for next time.

Arlington, Virginia
“Still needs work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The restaurant is lovely as is the rest of the resort. However, our meal at Harriman's was disappointing. I asked the waitress if I could have the appetizer without one of the ingredients. She said it would not be a problem. However, when it arrived, the ingredient I wanted withheld was still there. It had to be sent back and it was a wait for the replacement. When our entrees arrived, two of the three steaks were not cooked correctly. I ordered my medium rare and it was closer to well done. I did not send it back because we had already been there an hour and I did not want everyone to have to wait while my steak was properly cooked. It should not be that difficult to cook steaks to the requested doneness. The attention to detail was also poor. Except for the appetizer, which everyone ordered the same dish, the wait staff put the wrong dishes in front of people. It is a small thing, but a high end restaurant should not be making these sorts of mistakes repeatedly. The dessert was wonderful. Overall, the food had great potential, but we were disappointed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere