“Yummy but overpriced” 4 of 5 stars

Harrimans Virginia Piedmont Grill
500 North Pendleton Street, Middleburg, VA 20117
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Harrimans Virginia Piedmont Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 20 Restaurants in Middleburg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Yummy but overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I couldn't rate this restaurant "average" because the food and service rose above that, but it didn't rise quite high enough to justify the prices charged. This is a new restaurant surrounded by an opulent resort outside a very hoity toity town. These folks are used to spending money, but you still want the experience to equal the investment. Harriman's did not. My Mozarella appetizer was small but yummy - the best part of the meal. There was a loooong wait for every element of this meal: not sure why. I was not asked how I wanted my Salmon entrée cooked, which seemed odd for a restaurant these days. It arrived cooked through with a nice glaze and atop sautéed grits - a nice pairing. The dessert selections were hard to choose between; all were quite original and sounded wonderful. My little baked Alaska was surprising with a chili-infused ice cream - try it! Our waiter T. was personable but did not bother to pour our wine when our glasses were drained. This should be second nature in a nice restaurant when a customer buys a bottle.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“31st Wedding Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

From the greeting to the end of our meal...FABULOUS! We were treated as if we were the only guests in the restaurant. Highly recommend to anyone visiting brief Middleburg, VA area.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Service, so so Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We had a terrific server, but the food was not worth the price. The ambiance was just okay as well. We felt when we asked about specials etc, that the chef thought the selections on the menu were so amazing, that no specials were needed. We disagree. Sounds like the restaurant is still working out some kinks. My husband got the steak and it was so undercooked it was mooing!! And I got the chicken which was good, but the sides had no flavor. We will hope the food improves and see how it goes for next time.

Arlington, Virginia
“Still needs work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The restaurant is lovely as is the rest of the resort. However, our meal at Harriman's was disappointing. I asked the waitress if I could have the appetizer without one of the ingredients. She said it would not be a problem. However, when it arrived, the ingredient I wanted withheld was still there. It had to be sent back and it was a wait for the replacement. When our entrees arrived, two of the three steaks were not cooked correctly. I ordered my medium rare and it was closer to well done. I did not send it back because we had already been there an hour and I did not want everyone to have to wait while my steak was properly cooked. It should not be that difficult to cook steaks to the requested doneness. The attention to detail was also poor. Except for the appetizer, which everyone ordered the same dish, the wait staff put the wrong dishes in front of people. It is a small thing, but a high end restaurant should not be making these sorts of mistakes repeatedly. The dessert was wonderful. Overall, the food had great potential, but we were disappointed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbus
“Nice place, food average, overpriced drinks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

First time visit at resort/restaurant and we heard good things so we wanted to check it out. Dining room is lovely and views are great! Service started off really well but slipped after appetizers. We waited almost an hour for 2 entrees as chef had to "re-do" one steak. Nice to be told chef wanted to re do it but then it took an additional 45 minutes to get dinner. Tables around us that arrived after we had our appetizer were given dinner and some dessert. Some tables ordered the same steaks as we did. When our dinner did arrive ( both filets asked to be cooked medium) my 6 0z. Filet was charred on outside/raw inside and could not be cut with a steak knife and looked like as hamburger patty. My husbands 12 oz. filet looked like a nice typical thick filet and cut like butter. Nice that mgmt. took it off the check but again not satisfactory for what we expected here. Then the check came and we saw that 1 glass of glenlivet scotch 18 year was 42.00 a glass. My husband didn't see it on the menu he just asked for it as pre dinner drink. So I guess 2 glasses of that made up for my dinner being removed. We never have seen that year of scotch for more than 20.00 a glass as you can buy the bottle for 80.00 and we understand the restaurant markup, but that is ridiculous! Overall ok but for the price not what we expected and left us disappointed for a first impression.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere