“A lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 26 things to do in Middleburg
Pinehurst, North Carolina
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We decided to drive out to the country in Loudoun County, VA and spend a relaxing afternoon. We were pleasantly surprised when we happened upon this beautiful vineyard. Even though it is young as vineyards go, being established in 2011, it presents itself quite well. The staff in knowledgeable regarding their product. It was very interesting to learn how it came to be and the aspirations the owners, the Bell family, have for this enterprise. The views of the Blue Ridge Mountains are magnificent. We had a perfect day! The grounds are well cared for and the amenities the vineyard provides are wonderful. I am referring to the picnic tables, the two story deck with a gazebo and numerous tables for guests to enjoy the ambiance of their surroundings. One can bring food and snacks but it is only fair that the only liquor allowed is what is purchased on the property. One can purchase food items there for reasonable prices. However, treat yourself to a lovely basket for a nominal price that would include a delicious baguette, a meat of your choice (prosciutto or salami), a spread, and a cheese of your choice. Families were picnicing on the grounds and the children's laughter completed this idealic scene. So go, relax and have a fun afternoon. I suggest that you do a wine tasting to become familiar with their wines. It was a perfect day to enjoy a pinot gris!

Visited July 2014

WashingtonDC
100 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 331 helpful votes
“corporate and touristy wine destination, but a good view”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

My partner and I went to Cana Vineyards and Winery one weekend, and overall, I was disappointed with this place, which felt like more of a tourist trap than a destination winery.

We were here with a larger group, so we were shuttled upstairs to a tasting. The place was packed, and there was a live guitarist playing songs on the loudspeaker. The best part about this place is its location, because from the deck you can see so much of the surrounding landscape and rolling hills. Beautiful.

The wine tasting itself was pointless. This is a brand-new winery, so they don't make any of their own wine or grow their own grapes. What is the point of going here to get wine instead of just going to a Kroger? Cana just buys excess grapes from elsewhere and makes wine here. I understand they have to wait a few years to get grapes, but why are they going full steam ahead with "Cana" wines when they actually have nothing to do with the grapes you see on the property? Of course I realize that a lot of wineries buy and sell their own grapes to be used on a different label, but not exclusively. What is the point of having a standalone winery? And really, the wines are not even good. Our entire group bought no wines, and we were inclined to buy something.

This whole place is rushed. It seems very corporate, with huge areas for shopping and tasting and all this kind of stuff. There's no intimacy about this winery. It's more run like machine and a restaurant than a winery where you can talk to winemakers or people who are knowledgeable about wine. The person who did our tasting is not someone that seemed to have a very expensive knowledge base regarding wine.

I definitely don't recommend a trip to Cana Vineyards and Winery. After I went there, I realized that it's busy because it's right off the main road. It's the kind of place where you want some wine and then decide to come here because it looks pretty. Good marketing, bad wine.

Palm Harbor, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“Wonderful Evening!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

On the way back from Middleburg, my friend and I stopped in to Cana for a tasting. She lives in Arlington, and had been meaning to get to Cana, and used my visit as the perfect excuse. We had a tasting with a very fun and knowledgeable staffer. We then decided to purchase a glass of wine and sit out on the aidorandack chairs on the lawn and listen to the live Celtic music. It was a lovely afternoon and evening, with families picnicking, folks strolling about, listening to the band, etc. I wish we would have been able to stay longer. My friend is going to go back with her family and have a picnic at one of the nice shaded tables on the lawn. This is also a great place for events (there was a corporate gathering going on when we were there). I would highly recommend a stop at Cana. Make an evening out of it on a Friday night when they are open later.

Keyser, West Virginia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Excellent facility, Friendly and knowledgeable staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful views and a great facility. Wine tasting was very good, with knowledgeable and personable staff. A bit disappointing that they are not using any of their own grapes yet, but I guess everyone has to start somewhere. We didn't really find a wine that suited us, but we did get a nice pair of tasting glasses as souvenirs.

Reston, Virginia, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“View to die for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Wonderful view, very friendly staff, plenty of room outside. Kids and pets friendly. The only annoying thing is some guys making horrible noise who call them-selves "live music". Luckily they get tired fast and take long breaks to let you enjoy your visit.

Visited May 2014