“Lovely setting, nice people, dog friendly, wine not great” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 15 Activities in Middleburg
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
Alexandria, Virginia
19 attraction reviews
“Lovely setting, nice people, dog friendly, wine not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Everyone's palate is different, and unfortunately, mine didn't care for the wines at Cana. It's a new winery, so the wines they poured are from grapes purchased from Virginia and California.
While I didn't care for the wine, the location, tasting room and hospitality were wonderful.
It's very close to Middleburg's main street, so very convenient to visit.

Visited May 2014

Chantilly, Virginia
6 attraction reviews
“Beautiful views and beautiful wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This place is run by a great family and their vintner continues to present good wines of whites and reds. The hospitality is wonderful with a large patio and lawn and dog friendly. It can be full and it still feels like you are in a cozy place. They have fabulous musicians. Go and enjoy a Sunday afternoon looking at the Wonderful Virginia Mountains.

Visited May 2014
westminster, md
3 attraction reviews
“Great wine, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Place sits on a hill just outside Middleburg, Va and the facility is beautiful. We had a bottle of wine, a baguette and two selections of cheese for lunch. Delicious!!! Do not miss it.

Visited April 2014
Oriental, North Carolina
20 attraction reviews
“Better Virginia winery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I am not a big fan of Virginia wines found Cana by accident when I was performing a wedding service. Tasted the wine, joined the wine club. After which I brought my wife back she enjoyed as we'll. since than we have shared Cana wines with others and we have never got a bad response. Go by the winery for wine and a cheese basket on Saturday or Sunday. Check them out for Friday night dinners and music you won't be disappointed.

Visited March 2014
Virginia
43 attraction reviews
“Needs to Work Out Kinks, Has Potential”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

The facility itself was impressive. I was told it started as a hay field and the owners built their ideal winery. The building had plenty of seating indoor and out, great views and a decent size bar. Which brings me to my issue. There were only 7 people in the tasting room, a group of 3 and 2 couples. The person working was allowing the group of 3 to monopolize the bar space, using more than half. I was told I would have to wait. If the place had actually been busy or there had been no room at the bar I could understand but it wasn't the case. The thing that irked me more was the demeanor of the bartender, it seemed more that she couldn't be bothered to start a second tasting. I waited approximately 15 minutes. When I was helped the tasting was nice enough, decent wine, friendly (different) bartender.

In such a wine heavy region this place needs to step up their game. Next time I am passing through this one will probably be on skip list.

Visited February 2014