“Needs to Work Out Kinks, Has Potential” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 23 things to do in Middleburg
Virginia
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Needs to Work Out Kinks, Has Potential”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

The facility itself was impressive. I was told it started as a hay field and the owners built their ideal winery. The building had plenty of seating indoor and out, great views and a decent size bar. Which brings me to my issue. There were only 7 people in the tasting room, a group of 3 and 2 couples. The person working was allowing the group of 3 to monopolize the bar space, using more than half. I was told I would have to wait. If the place had actually been busy or there had been no room at the bar I could understand but it wasn't the case. The thing that irked me more was the demeanor of the bartender, it seemed more that she couldn't be bothered to start a second tasting. I waited approximately 15 minutes. When I was helped the tasting was nice enough, decent wine, friendly (different) bartender.

In such a wine heavy region this place needs to step up their game. Next time I am passing through this one will probably be on skip list.

Visited February 2014

Fairfax, Virginia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Gave it a Second Chance and still not impressed. ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

This gives the impression of being a pure business winery looking for party and wedding groups. Wines are fair to poor (my opinion only since everyone has there own taste). They can't trust so you have to pay up front for the tasting and then go to another location in the building and wait for your appointed time and server. Then if you want a glass or bottle to drink you have to go back to the front and start all over again. This was the third time going here to see if the next would be a different experience. Alas there were the same. Suggest you may just want to go across the street to Chrysalis for a personal friendly tasting or a little farther down the road to Boxwood or Greenhill.

Oriental, North Carolina
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Very good VA wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Went to this winery for a wedding. Was very impressed with the wine and the atmosphere so impressed that we joined tinier wine club. We have been back several times just to enjoy wine listen to the music eat an chat with friends. Check it out . One of the better virginia wineries

Visited December 2013
Orlando, Florida
538 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 794 helpful votes
“Love, Love this place!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is our second time at this winery and yet again, it came through in a very good way for us. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and great for a picnic with friends and family. They even had a corn hole game set that we used for a few hours. The inside of the winery is also really beautiful and the second floor is a great place to enjoy live music as well as great company. The great thing that I loved about this place is the fact that you can bring your own food. We had a spread of cheese, cold cuts, grapes and crackers while enjoying their always amazing apple wine! A must see while in Middleburg!

Visited November 2013
Arlington, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“My wedding was here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Our wedding at Cana on 11/1 was amazing. If you want to do a winery wedding, don't go anywhere else! The grounds are excellent, the views amazing, the staff was helpful and willing to work with us, and the sound system was perfect. This is the place!

Visited November 2013