“Make the turn onto the path” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Middleburg
Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast
You added Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
23130 Briar Patch Lane, Middleburg, VA 20117   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Middleburg B&B and Inns
Hampton, Virginia
“Make the turn onto the path”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Once you turn onto the gravel road up towards Briar Patch B&B Inn, the stress of the day is left behind. This is a great place: cozy, communal television, access to computer and printer, a lovely lounge and sitting area. I was the only one there and staying in the Violet Room at the back of the house, very lovely and warm and that beautiful quilt on the king sized bed made me stretch out immediately

By far the two best things were: a) Warm greeting by Henrietta; and b) homemade breakfast every morning. We had quiche and a baked egg on pesto (amazing),fresh fruit, homemade breads....ah, I salivate thinking of it.

Oh, I took a look at their event building. It's huge. It could have 3 separate events at the same time. There's a kitchen, a balcony, large rooms with or without chairs and/or cocktail tables. Gorgeous. Enjoy yourself.

Room Tip: Check the website and look at each room and make your decision from that.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Ellen G, Owner at Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Stress-free is the way to be! I'm delighted to hear Henriette made you feel welcomed when you arrived and you thought the breakfast was amazing. We love hearing back from our guests, so I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to the staff. I hope we'll see you again when you're in the mood for a relaxing and cozy getaway!

Warmest regards,
Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Abingdon, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in the Iris Room. We were informed upon check-in that this room was in the older part of the building and would be naturally cooler, however a space heater was provided as well as a fireplace. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the fireplace warmed the room - being a usually very cold person we did not need the space heater at all. Our room also had a separate outdoor exit/entrance which we found very useful. The room was very clean and spacious as well. Additionally, I cannot say enough about the food and hospitality of the hosts. It really felt as if we were staying at a friend's home - the kitchen was always open with snacks, coffee, tea, water, etc. There was as refrigerator to leave leftovers and drinks. Everything was very cozy. We hope to have another occasion to stay at Briar Patch!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ellen G, Owner at Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
We hope you have another occasion to stay with us again too, Stephanie! Every day we love giving so many couples and families a well-deserved getaway, and I am just so delighted that you and your husband felt so well cared for when you stayed in the Iris Room. (It's one of my favorite rooms in the house!)

As for the food and the hospitality, it truly is our pleasure to give you our best. I'll be sure to let everyone else know the their hard work was appreciated. I'm sure that they'll be thrilled!

'Til next time,
Yorktown, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed in the Rose Room, very lovely spacious room with large windows and beautiful views! Clean and every need was met. Excellent breakfast and very helpful & warm staff. The grounds are very nice, just wish the weather was warm enough to enjoy the large pool and hot tub!!! We will be back in the warmer months.

Room Tip: Lovely views from the rose room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ellen G, Owner at Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
So happy to hear it! And yes, you have the right idea — taking a dip in the pool or the hot tub on a warm night is definitely a slice of heaven on earth, so you definitely have to book a second trip soon. That said, I am happy that you enjoyed everything from the Rose Room to the breakfast spread. Compliments like that simply make our day! I'll be sure to pass it along to the rest of the staff.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I've been to Briar Patch now 3 times, and I've loved each one. They have a great selection of different sized rooms depending on your need for space and/or privacy. The pool and hot tub are well-maintained, and the pool is very spacious and never crowded. The owners are delightful to talk to, know the area well, and make a great breakfast (especially the quiche and apple-cinnamon cake!). The rest of the staff are friendly and helpful.
The grounds are gorgeous - there is lots of room to walk around outside or star-gaze at night, and the bed and breakfast also hosts a couple of show horses that graze on the property. My daughter loves to go watch them, and they add a nice touch to the scenery. It is very romantic, but also great for families, and close to attractions, such as hikes, beautiful drives, antique stores, and many other country delights not too far from some urban areas.
If you're looking for a classy, quiet place, this is your best bet.

Room Tip: If you want to wake up to a beautiful sunrise - go with the sunflower room, but only if you want to...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ellen G, Owner at Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
You are so sweet, Azi! I know that I speak on behalf of the entire staff when I say that it's been an absolute pleasure to host you and your family. As for the horses, it's great to hear that your daughter loves to watch them. They are gorgeous animals, aren't they?

Can't wait to see you for trip number four! Hopefully it's sooner rather than later!

Williamsburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We went away with friends to tour some of the wineries in the area. Our friends suggested the Briar Patch as they had been there before. We were not disappointed. We had the Lavender and Hyacinth rooms with a shared bath between us. The rooms are large with nice furnishings. The staff is very nice and the breakfasts are delicious. I would have given this 5 stars overall except the mattress was a little soft for my liking. Other than that.....great place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for taking the time to review us! We always love to hear from our guests, and you have to thank your friends for us for recommending our spot. We rely on people like you to spread the word about our inn.

Thanks for the feedback about the mattress. We'll be sure to check it out.

Next time you head out on another wine tour, we'd love to see you and your friends! After all that vino tasting, you definitely deserve a hot, delicious breakfast the next morning!

Cheers,
Springfield, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I totally enjoyed visiting Briar Patch B&B. I was greeted as I drove up by a friendly person and led to my "cottage". I was given a quick tour of the house and told to "make myself at home" and feel free to eat snacks in the basket. I loved that there was a swimming pool. The breakfast was delicious, the room was wonderful, staff friendly ...I felt "at home". Of course the grounds and accommodations were fabulous! Highly recommend and will definitely come back !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Ellen G, Owner at Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
We're so happy that we could be your home away from home, Shirley! Any time you're in the mood for a little relaxing getaway, you know where to find us! We'll be ready for you!

Burke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I chose the Briar Patch Inn B & B to celebrate our 50th anniversary (June 30) with family and friends. We loved it! We used the Gold room for our dinner celebration; it is a large beautiful room with lots of windows and gorgeous chandeliers. Our caterer was excellent and recommended to us by Dan, who has used them for one of his own functions. While planning this event, we always received timely and friendly advice from the wonderful owners and staff. Many of our guests spent the night at the Inn and enjoyed the ambiance. Only one unusual occurance, I undertand there was a fire alarm early in the a.m. that woke everyone Monday morning. My husband and I used the cottage and found it charming. We were able to use it as an "after party" following the dinner celebration for our guests remaining overnight at the Inn. Breakfast the following morning was delicious. There was plenty of coffee for guests, even one of those individual cup gormet coffee machines.

We do have one suggestion: the swimming pool is lovely, but most of the outdoor furniture around the pool needs replacing.

Room Tip: The two bedrooms on the 1st floor offer a private bath.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Ellen G, Owner at Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
It's so wonderful to hear from you, Beverly. I'm so happy that your big 50th anniversary bash was a success! Congratulations again on hitting such a lovely milestone.

While I'm delighted that you and your whole group enjoyed the accommodations as well as the breakfast, I apologize if any of your guests were affected by the fire alarm. As I'm sure you can understand, it's better to be safe than sorry around here! I also appreciate your feedback about the furniture in the pool area. I'll discuss the furniture with the rest of the team right away.

Thanks again for choosing us as your spot for your big celebration! We can't wait to see all of you back here for another party or simply a weekend getaway.

Owner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleburg
Poplar Springs Inn & Spa
Goodstone Inn & Restaurant
Goodstone Inn & Restaurant
#2 of 8 in Middleburg
5.0 of 5 stars 200 reviews

Been to Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!