“Enjoyed this getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Middleburg
Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast
23130 Briar Patch Lane, Middleburg, VA 20117   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Middleburg B&B and Inns
Williamsburg
“Enjoyed this getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We went away with friends to tour some of the wineries in the area. Our friends suggested the Briar Patch as they had been there before. We were not disappointed. We had the Lavender and Hyacinth rooms with a shared bath between us. The rooms are large with nice furnishings. The staff is very nice and the breakfasts are delicious. I would have given this 5 stars overall except the mattress was a little soft for my liking. Other than that.....great place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Ellen G, Owner at Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review us! We always love to hear from our guests, and you have to thank your friends for us for recommending our spot. We rely on people like you to spread the word about our inn.

Thanks for the feedback about the mattress. We'll be sure to check it out.

Next time you head out on another wine tour, we'd love to see you and your friends! After all that vino tasting, you definitely deserve a hot, delicious breakfast the next morning!

Cheers,

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Springfield, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I totally enjoyed visiting Briar Patch B&B. I was greeted as I drove up by a friendly person and led to my "cottage". I was given a quick tour of the house and told to "make myself at home" and feel free to eat snacks in the basket. I loved that there was a swimming pool. The breakfast was delicious, the room was wonderful, staff friendly ...I felt "at home". Of course the grounds and accommodations were fabulous! Highly recommend and will definitely come back !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Ellen G, Owner at Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
We're so happy that we could be your home away from home, Shirley! Any time you're in the mood for a little relaxing getaway, you know where to find us! We'll be ready for you!

Burke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I chose the Briar Patch Inn B & B to celebrate our 50th anniversary (June 30) with family and friends. We loved it! We used the Gold room for our dinner celebration; it is a large beautiful room with lots of windows and gorgeous chandeliers. Our caterer was excellent and recommended to us by Dan, who has used them for one of his own functions. While planning this event, we always received timely and friendly advice from the wonderful owners and staff. Many of our guests spent the night at the Inn and enjoyed the ambiance. Only one unusual occurance, I undertand there was a fire alarm early in the a.m. that woke everyone Monday morning. My husband and I used the cottage and found it charming. We were able to use it as an "after party" following the dinner celebration for our guests remaining overnight at the Inn. Breakfast the following morning was delicious. There was plenty of coffee for guests, even one of those individual cup gormet coffee machines.

We do have one suggestion: the swimming pool is lovely, but most of the outdoor furniture around the pool needs replacing.

Room Tip: The two bedrooms on the 1st floor offer a private bath.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Ellen G, Owner at Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
It's so wonderful to hear from you, Beverly. I'm so happy that your big 50th anniversary bash was a success! Congratulations again on hitting such a lovely milestone.

While I'm delighted that you and your whole group enjoyed the accommodations as well as the breakfast, I apologize if any of your guests were affected by the fire alarm. As I'm sure you can understand, it's better to be safe than sorry around here! I also appreciate your feedback about the furniture in the pool area. I'll discuss the furniture with the rest of the team right away.

Thanks again for choosing us as your spot for your big celebration! We can't wait to see all of you back here for another party or simply a weekend getaway.

Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I were married one year ago at the Briar Patch (aka BP). We returned one year later for our first anniversary! We had an amazing time! We could only stay a couple of days, but we enjoyed it so much! We got to stay in the wonderful Iris room, which is in the oldest part of the house (built in 1805) and it was awesome! We had our own entrance, our own bathroom, and an electric fire place! We swam in the crystal clear blue pool and their new hot tub! They left us two champagne glasses and champagne for our anniversary with a card saying welcome back! All in all we felt loved and comfortable!

My wedding went better than I could ever imagined (mainly due to our Coordinator, Henriette). The ground were gorgeous, and everyone is so kind and helpful. While planning the wedding (from afar) all of questions and concerns were answered immediately! '

I highly recommend BP for any event, especially a wedding!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ellen G, Owner at Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Sarah & Aaron:

What a nice note! Thanks for taking the time to write this up. We know that weddings and anniversaries are such significant times for a couple, and I couldn't be happier to get word that you have loved coming here for your oh-so-special days.

Anytime you two need a little romantic getaway, you know where to find us! We'll have the champagne on hand for you!

Cheers,
Colonial Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We came out to stay the night before an event on the property. It was like Heaven! I love the beach and water but I said to my husband this could be my 2nd place! Make a reservation! Ellen, Henrietta and Tricia were wonderful!

Room Tip: Bring a suit they have a huge pool and great Hot Tub!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Ellen G, Owner at Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
We're so happy that we could provide you with a little slice of heaven! Come back to visit any time your heart desires. We'd love to see you.

Best wishes,
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
1,490 reviews 1,490 reviews
1,388 helpful votes 1,388 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed at this great place in November and returned for 2 nights with friends using a Living Social promotion since we had such a good stay before. This stay was just as good--large, comfortable guest rooms, great beds, quiet atmosphere, very good breakfast choices including quiche, French toast, etc. The last time I had difficulty getting on the internet using my tablet, but this time it worked fine. The place has a pool, hot tub, walking trails and one TV in the sitting room on the first floor.

This historic building is in a great location, sitting back on a small hill above Route 50. There are quaint towns close by--Aldie, Middleburg, Upperville. You can easily get to Leesburg to the north and we drove down to see the Manassas Civil War battlefields one day.

The staff is friendly and bend over backwards to make your stay enjoyable. Thanks to Jackie, Lucy, Patricia and to Ellen, the owner, who shared some insights with me, even though she was busy with all that was going on here. They had 2 weddings coming up over the weekend.

We highly recommend this top notch bed and breakfast.

Room Tip: The Violet Room shares a bathroom with another room. It is in the original section of the house and...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Ellen G, Owner at Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write up such a sweet review! We couldn't be happier to hear that you loved both your trips to our place, and I always smile when people mention the breakfast! You can't beat decadent French Toast and Quiche if you ask me.

I really enjoyed speaking with you and learning of your personal history.

I know that I speak on behalf of the entire staff when I say that I hope to see you back here for another little getaway soon! You simply have to see Middleburg in October. The leaves are absolutely gorgeous!

Alexandria, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We originally saw this quaint property on Living Social and decided that it was an offer we couldn't refuse. Well we were supposed to go the weekend that Super Storm Sandy was battering the east coast so we changed our dates....at least 3xs. So off we went only about 45 minutes outside of Alexandria, VA and it was like we went to Never Never Land. Now the property is great and they are doing a bang up job on weddings which seems like a perfect spot to tie the knot. We arrived and the wedding party was still trying to figure out where to go. So we went to Middleburg which is about 7 miles away. What a great little town. Our stay was fantastic even though it rained almost the entire time until checkout. But its the people that make the trip. The staff was great, the breakfasts fantastic, the munchies, non stop and we met and made some new friends. The constant sunshine is overrated anyway.

We will definitely be back and are recommending this to all our friends....they may have to add on.

Tom and Carole Huzella

Room Tip: They are all great!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Ellen G, Owner at Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
It's so nice to hear from you, Tom and Carole! I couldn't help but smile when you said that you're going to be recommending our place to all of your friends. We rely on people like you to spread the word!

We're also so happy that Superstorm Sandy didn't get in the way of you two having a great time. (Even if her actions did force you to postpone it a few times.) Needless to say, we can't wait to see you for another little getaway. You can rest assured that we'll have a fantastic breakfast waiting for you.

Stay in touch,
Owner

Been to Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!