“Excellent bakery...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 20 Restaurants in Middleburg
Lusby, MD
“Excellent bakery...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stop by here several times a year and I think the Jingleberry Pie is the Eighth Deadly Sin. Excellent bread, cookies, treats and a wonderful place for either breakfast or lunch.

Visited November 2012

Washington DC
“food is fine but it would be nice to feel like my business was wanted”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I've been to the bakery many times. I know how much people like the cookies, pies, sandwiches. The prices seem fair. But, it would be nice to feel as though I was wanted as a customer. The last time I went there, I waited in line patiently. When it was my turn, the woman behind the counter - the only one taking orders, looked at me, looked at the person behind me and said, "who's next?" I had been standing there for 10 minutes. The service is slow at best, and lacks interest in customers overall. So, if you want tasty cookies because they allow you to buy them, stop here. I'd opt for Whoopsie's over this any day.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Worth looking for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

It's only half a block off the main street and faces the Safeway parking lot, but it's easy to miss this tiny place. Cookies, pies, sandwiches, soup, all good; eat-in tables are in a separate little cottage out the back door, or take your food up to the town park.

Visited March 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Good for sandwhiches and soups, they dont do salads though, just fyi

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
virginia
“best cow puddles anywhere, and the sandwiches are wonderful too!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We've been enjoying Upper Crust baked goods and sandwiches for years.It's a tiny little bakery on a side street in Middleburg, across from the side entrance to the Safeway parking lot. They have the best cookies anywhere, hands down. My husband is addicted to their cow puddles, a soft chewy toffee based cookie that once you try, you will be addicted to as well. Their sandwiches are superb, on their own bread of course, and loaded with wholesome ingredients, I had one of the best club sandwiches in my life made by Upper Crust, Stop in and wait in the queue, Best to call ahead and order on race days, weekend mornings...it's packed. You won't be sorry.

• Visited January 2012