“Just a Beautiful Settting!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Goodstone Inn & Estate Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Middleburg
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Foxcroft Road
Description: Extremely Fresh, Approachable and Refined Drawing both inspiration and purpose from its location on farmland in Middleburg, VA, the restaurant at Goodstone Inn & Estate seeks to provide its guests with an unparalleled dining experience. The quality of produce, both cultivated and foraged, found outside the back door of the kitchen provides Chef Tarver King and his team with pristine ingredients that make up a meal representative of this place in every moment of each season.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Just a Beautiful Settting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Had a very nice celebratory lunch at the Restaurant.
Just a beautiful spot, so picturesque!
A four course lunch was very memorable. Beautifully presented, exquisite flavor marrying. Loved the Mushroom Strudel ! Just a great lunch sure to not forget and most Definitely recommend to others in the area or looking for that special spot at a short drive from the DC area.
Situated a short 3 miles into the horse country from downtown Middleberg, Va.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Pennsylvania
“Delicious birthday dinner for two”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Visiting the area on a snowy week in January we wanted a very special place to celebrate a significant birthday. The Goodstone Inn Restaurant provided a memorable meal and excellent service. On a very snowy night we had the restaurant to ourselves!.....................................................................................................

Visited January 2014
Herndon, Virginia
“Phenomenal Birthday dinner for a Sweet 16”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We knew we wanted to take my daughter somewhere very special for her birthday - but where to go, such decisions! In the end, we presented our daughter with a list of phenomenal restaurants in the northern Virginia area, and she chose Good Stone Inn. 16, with great decision making skills, who knew! We emailed Good Stone Inn ahead of time letting them know my daughter's dislike of overly spiced or salted food, as well that it was her birthday celebration. We all loved the dinner celebration. My daughter was greeted by name at the front door, her coat was quickly hung up... we sat down and not only was she given the most perfect hand signed birthday card, but she received a personal menu from the chef with her name at the top, that he hand signed. She felts so incredibly special, and my husband and I loved seeing her in the limelight. Other guests joined in, taking our pictures. Our dinner was perfect. Good Stone Inn does not over salt or over season their food... they rely on good food that is perfectly cooked, served expertly and with just the right touch. Our waiter and staff knew just when to stop by, talk a little bit and then to let us enjoy our special night, the three of us together.
This morning, we all reflected on last night.... we liked the wine recommendation by the Sommelier, (Notavivia).... I could go on and on. A special thank you to Linda Boyer and staff for all their help in making a special birthday even more special.

Well Done - and with much appreciation,

Theresa and Bill Schuster

(Good Stone Inn is best for children over 10, erring on the older side:)

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pace, Florida
“Phenomenal brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Beautiful atmosphere and quiet dining in an elegant setting. Menu selection is generally fixed but you won't be disappointed. We both had a different style of eggs benedict and left stuffed and satisfied. The meal was made more enjoyable by the country atmosphere and classy style of the Goodstone Inn. Add this to your plans if you are in Northern Virginia!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Craig B, General Manager at Goodstone Inn & Estate Restaurant, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear SDPoulin,

Thank you for joining us for our ever popular Sunday Brunch. The benedict is also one of my favorites and you are exactly right, you will leave full and satisfied. I will pass along the very kind words to my staff regarding the service you received, we all strive to make our guests feel welcome and enjoy meeting new friends.
“1 st time toTop of the mountain well worth the climb !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I heard all great things about the Goodstone Inn and decided to give it a try for a romantic dinner. I called at last minute and Lauren was kind enough to fit us in at last minute, Very friendly and gave exact directions via landmarks etc real easy drive from the first light in Middleburg towards the restaurant. We arrived in the evening around 8 pm and it was very charming with the lights on and surroundings of being out in the country with snow on the ground. Greeted by Lauren and seated immediately. Greeted by Stephen the manager/Sommelier who was great at offering a wine to match our meals. I was set on a particular wine I noticied on the web site and of course as it stated *** when available and list subject to change. The wine list is great and they have a great selection. Once we placed our meal order Stephen suggested a wine that was phenomenal with our meal real close to the one they did not have at the time. This place is great for couples and a group of friends looking to explore wine through the knowledge and skills of Stephen. The menu was a tough choice for me as we started with the ceaser salad,escargot (wow the best, asked for more bread to soak up the butter .(as I couldn't leave it behind) Filet mignon for my guest as she wanted to order the Chateaubriand for two (next time it will happen. Another couple mentioned to us it was outstanding . I needed the help of Stephen to make the choice of Duck as it does not come around often and was the best prepared I have eaten so far. My guest chose the filet and it also was great, however the showstopper for her was the way the glazed carrots were prepared and she wanted to have them also for a dessert. Both meals were awesome and we are going to return for the Brunch on Sunday and try to get our friends as a group to go back to experience wine and meal pairing . I must compliment the chefs John Leonard and Darren great job. Darren was nice enough to come out of the kitchen and give us the breakdown on the carrots so we can try it at home. The meal for the price and quality is outstanding and very fair for farm to table freshness and service. Next time I will be more prepared and plan to spend the night preferably a Saturday Night for Dinner and wake up in the Inn for round two to sample the brunch. Definitely a family, friends, couples place. Loved it all . We did have room for dessert as we held off on eating all of our dinners (small amount to take home no carrots left over). My favorite and prepared correctly temperature and consistency was the creme brulee and my guest the mousse. Check the internet for specials if you like we went on a Friday and they have couples deals on Thursday. Dress nice as it is a special place and if you love wine and great food Goodstone is where you need to go.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Craig B, General Manager at Goodstone Inn & Estate Restaurant, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Hello Mountain Climber,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your dinner at the Goodstone Inn and Restaurant. The staff enjoys recognition of their efforts and I know they will appreciate seeing your review when I share it with them.

Hopefully we will see you this spring and you can walk the property and experience more of the Goodstone before dinner.

Regards,