“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Red Fox Inn & Tavern

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Middleburg
The Red Fox Inn & Tavern
You added The Red Fox Inn & Tavern to your Saves list
2 East Washington Street, PO Box 385, Middleburg, VA 20118   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Middleburg B&B and Inns
Manassas, Virginia
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Room was nice, spacious, and clean. Restaurant for dinner was amazing, one of the best meals I've ever had. Staff were all helpful and very nice. Complimentary breakfast was great. Town of Middleburg was amazing. Just got engaged there this past weekend, and by them doing everything so well and being so awesome it made for the perfect evening/day. Couldn't have asked for a better place to spend the weekend with my future wife!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My daughter attends Foxcroft School located in Middleburg and when I come up I either stay in Reston or in the heart of Middleburg and The Red Fox is always enjoyable. We had a delicious dinner followed by a relaxing evening just chilling in our room.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My company held a strategic retreat for senior staff at the Red Fox Inn, which is only about 40 miles from Washington. Yet it took me 2 hours and 45 minutes to get there when I left the DC area at 4 pm on a Wednesday.

Once we arrived, the experience was lovely. The inn has the feel of a large B&B, with each room/suite having its own name and unique characteristics. I had a suite with a sitting room, bedroom, and bathroom, and it was both spacious and cozy. Thankfully there was no room under mine, because my footfalls created loud squeaks on the wooden floors.

One charming touch in the room was two large cookies that staff left every night. I always managed to eat them even if I wasn't really hungry.

The charm of the suite comes at the expense of some conveniences. There was no outlet easily accessible from the bed, and since I use a CPAP I had to daisy chain electrical cords across the room so I could breathe while I was sleeping. Also, one morning there was a water issue and the shower temperature only reached lukewarm.

Our business meetings went off without a hitch. The rustic setting was nice, and for the most part the room and the surroundings were quiet. We eat several meals at the inn, all ranging from good (omelettes) to very good (crabcakes).

Though horse country offers its own attractions--touring horse farms, antique shopping, strolling, a nearby farmer's market, etc.--I would have liked the opportunity for more recreational activity. There is no fitness room on site or even an arrangement with a local recreational center (there is a school basketball court behind the inn, though). Staff seemed flummoxed when I asked for a jogging route. They ended up sending me on a route around a cemetery a few blocks away. It was tranquil enough, but the road was rutted, and I felt guilty listening to music in a graveyard.

All in all a very good experience, but unless you're an equestrian, expect to chill out.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I thought this historic building was well maintained and had interesting arts and objets s'art. Wait staff was excellent and the food delicious. I had the duck and the others had fish dishes. everyone was happy with their meals.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Lebanon, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed the weekend in the bridal suite to attend a sporting event in the area. The suite was surprising quiet for being downtown and in an old building. It included a very large bedroom with a king poster bed, and a very large living room. It had a bathroom with tub and separate shower. The floors do squeak, but that is expected from the charming old building. The included breakfast was made to order, and the service was impeccable. There's gated parking in the back. And there is a lovely patio, used for lunch on Saturday, that was a delightful place to sit in the early morning. It has a small, intimate bar. The restaurant has creative and more standard American fare. Even if you don't stay here, stop by for a drink or meal to see the charming old building and its hunt country decor.

Room Tip: You may want a top floor room if creaking floors bother you.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2015

We have stayed at The Red Fox Inn many, many times through the years, both as a couple and with our children. The Red Fox is very well located in the gorgeous and quaint village of Middleburg. So much to do in the area depending on what you like. We hike in state parks nearby and enjoy village life. The Red Fox has been around forever but I would say that it has really come into its own in the last couple years. Newly renovated but still charming and well-trained and attentive staff, comfy beds, and wonderful breakfasts. We definitely prefer to stay in the annex called the Stray Fox. Extra quiet with leafy views.

Room Tip: We prefer the annex rooms
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2015

Our experience with Red Fox Inn was wonderful from start to finish! They catered an afternoon party and it won many raves from the guests from the ambiance to the food. We
then stayed the night and our rooms were charming with many amenities. One family stayed in a cottage and wanted to move in permanently it was that beautiful and comfortable! I would highly recommend everything about it!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Been to The Red Fox Inn & Tavern? Share your experiences!