“Beautiful grounds, cute farm, & equally good Sunday brunch” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #2 of 8 Middleburg B&B and Inns
Leesburg, Virginia
“Beautiful grounds, cute farm, & equally good Sunday brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We went here for Sunday brunch to experience Loudoun County's "Farm to Table" dinning and were stunned to see the beautiful grounds with huge trees probably 100's of years old, colorful gardens, pool, trails, cottages, and farm.

The Sunday brunch was a real bargain for $39 as it starts off with a Complimentary Glass of Champagne, or Bloody Mary or Mimosa and then they have a three course meal. We all enjoyed the items we ordered which were all perfectly cooked and presented. Truffle Chocolate Cake is sinfully delicious.

We took a walk around the property and felt like it will be one of the best weekend getaway options around Washington DC area. They have lovely pool, great food, lots of trails to walk and bike and lovely farm. Also, the place has colorful barns, landscapes, and views to take lovely pictures. Especially in Fall.

Looking forward to spending a weekend here on some special occasion.

Room Tip: Take a walk to their Farm. You can get great pictures with their colorful barns in the background.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Washington,DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Such a beautiful setting and we lucked out w/ some incredible weather. Our suite was comfortable, roomy & quiet. Service was very attentive. We were looking forward to dinner and were so disappointed! There were about 12 diners. I ordered a glass of champagne - received rose -when i pointed it out to our waiter - he told me i could keep it and he went off to get the champagne. It was served room temperature. We ordered escargot to start - came w/ 6 ea. not a great sauce - but worse we couldn't locate the escargots to pull out even w/ the appropriate forks. Our waiter collected our dishes - took them back to the kitchen where they reportedly cracked the shells to get them out. They were returned in a ramekin semi barely warm. My date ordered a Caesar salad - he said it was 'the worst Caesar salad' he'd ever had. How hard is it to make a Caesar salad? My salad w/ figs was wonderful. Dinner - a veal chop & pork loin - were both delicious as we're the desserts. Not an inexpensive meal that was really far from something special. Breakfast on the other was delightful from the fresh squeezed OJ to the fruit and eggs Benedict . We'd return for the setting, ambience and breakfast. Great for a getaway or special occasion. Has to be a magical setting for a wedding too.

Room Tip: Carriage house suites are terrific - location to restaurant, pool and roomy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Craig B, General Manager at Goodstone Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Hello Mr. Jones,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I can see that you enjoyed your time at the Goodstone Inn, but we fell short of your expectations with dinner. We always strive for perfection and I apologize that you were not pleased with some of the items you had for dinner. The chef and I value your feedback as it helps us to make adjustments so we can constantly improve.

Please contact me directly the next you visit and I will ensure that you have a perfect stay.

Regards,

Craig Boyer
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Went there to celebrate a birthday. Unfortunately, we didn't get to spend the night, just came out for dinner. The Inn is very well kept, great grounds. You definitely need a car to get there. We left at night and the country roads are narrow and dark. The food was superb, the service excellent. Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We just had a night away at the inn and left feeling relaxed, pampered and rejuvenated.
The estate is simply stunning and we enjoyed the gorgeous pool, bik rides and hikes around the estate.
Breakfast was incredible with goats cheese, tomato and pesto omlette and fresh fruit from the estate orchards.
It was a wonderful estate, one we will never forget. We look forward to a future visit.

• Stayed September 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

This amazing resort immediately makes you relax and takes you into the Virginia Countryside. Not much to do and that is a good thing. At the lodge the food is good especially in the spectacular wine cellar. Great service and accommodations. I recommend the Bull Barn. 1st class with country charm. We had a wonderful time.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Craig B, General Manager at Goodstone Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear ColonelTJ,

It is nice to hear you had a wonderful time at the Goodstone Inn and Restaurant. Our dining can not be beat in the Virginia Country side! We are a very special property with beautiful grounds, rooms and French cuisine dining and only about an hour from DC. Thank you for taking your time to write this review it will be shared with the Goodstone Team. Please come back for a visit soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed here this past August and booked the Ambassador room which was cozy with a nice bed and a large bathroom. The room is located in the top floor of the Spring House. If I did it again, I might splurge for the for a larger room, but I kind of felt I was splurging anyway at $385 a night. Also, you are pretty far from the main house (Carriage House) which houses reception, lounge and restaurant. The pool is nearby the main house too. You can definitely walk but it's a tad far. We booked a dinner reservation for 8pm. They were out of couple of things on the menu already and attributed to a busier than expected first seating. We had a pre-fixe 4 course meal that was excellent, slow service seems intended so relax and enjoy. I was bit dismayed upon my discovery that a package deal which included a 4 course meal would have been the way to go but my bad for not investigating thoroughly. So definitely check their website for deals. The grounds are lovely and made a great trek that will take you over an hour walking a decent pace. There are streams, cows, ponds, even a friendly poodle who hung with us until some joggers came by, just really lovely and pastoral. It's definitely a special place that almost feels out of a novel or something. The staff is excellent and gave us a full list of recommendation for touring wineries in the area. Linda was really sweet and even prepared a little gift bag for our drive home. All in all I can't help but expect a little more on the accommodations front for the money paid but the staff and surroundings almost made up for it. I don't tend to spend more than $350 for hotel rooms anywhere, so it's mental thing with me, I expected to be blown away. PS- Breakfast is included and it's pretty awesome.

Room Tip: Rooms are in building dispersed throughout the grounds. It's a big place, check they resort map.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Craig B, General Manager at Goodstone Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear jno2011,

Thank you for splurging on the Goodstone we appreciate your business. We run specials throughout the year so please check our website or simply call us directly. I am happy you enjoyed your stay in the Ambassador it is a nice room in the Spring House.. When dining at the Goodstone or any other fine dining establishment keep in mind every dish is made fresh so allow a little extra time to enjoy the whole experience.
We hope you visit the Goodstone soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised by this Inn. I will share two areas for this review: the room and premises; and the food.
The suite we stayed at, the Mare Suite, was just perfect for my husband and I. It provided intimacy, a sense of country with all the amenities of a 5 star hotel. The premises are breathless. We enjoyed a 3 mile hike with amazing views...and afterwards the hot tub!! The views are peaceful and full of charm.
The food, which was originally what was recommended to me, was decadent. The fresh herbs and vegetables (picked up right there from the garden) merge in your mouth with so many flavors. I had one of the best tomato salad with goat cheese and pesto that i have ever had in my life. The sea bass crumbled in your mouth... breakfast was a journey of decadence: thick fresh bacon, a heavenly croissant...needless to say, we enjoyed the food. The only thing that didn't match up with all was the chocolate soufflé, but I have to believe it had to have been a fluke. The apple pie was heaven.
Overall, we felt the price was worth it. We are coming back

• Stayed August 2013
Dear kachinamicha,

The Mare suite is a wonderful choice and a great location in the Carriage House. It sounds like you experienced all the outside has to offer on our breath taking property. The views from the Goodstone are picturesque and charming.

You said it perfectly our cuisine is decadent we use only the freshest ingredients in our kitchen. Chef Bens tomato salad is mouth watering delicious and by far a crowd pleaser! Thank you for taking your time to write this review I will share this with my team.

Been to Goodstone Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!