My spouse and I stayed at the Goodstone Inn the first weekend in June. It was lovely. I first visited the property in 2008, and had been wanting to return for a long weekend. The charming property and the terrific staff did not disappoint.
We stayed for 3 nights in the Dutch Cottage. Well located near the pool and restaurant, we enjoyed this cute stone cottage, which was built before the Civil War. There are two bedrooms on the second floor and a nice living room and kitchen on the first floor. The room was well appointed, with a large bathroom with a jetted tub. The bed was very comfy and I slept soundly each night.
Breakfast was complimentary and was was terrific. The orange juice is truly freshly squeezed, and the coffee was strong and tasty. The homemade croissants were delicious-light and flaky, they melted in your mouth. One morning we enjoyed fresh baked biscuits, which were also delicious. The egg dishes were excellent, and I enjoyed a mushroom omelet with goat cheese, and crispy bacon.
We ate one dinner at the Inn and it was the best meal that we have had in a long time. And we consider ourselves foodies, and eat out often in the San Francisco Bay area, which is known for its excellent restaurants. So we are no stranger to good food, and this was truly superb. For appetizers, we ordered the Escargot. I loved the spices that were used in the sauce, which gave the snails a truly unique taste. For our entree, my spouse and I ordered the Chateaubriand, which was cooked to perfection and accompanied by a medley of fresh vegetables. Everything was excellent, and we finished the meal with a decadent (and yummy) chocolate soufflé. The wine list was extensive. Like breakfast, the service was excellent. It was truly a memorable meal.
Take advantage of the walking trails, which are all over the property. Seek out Oliver, the largest pig I have ever seen. Rest, relax and enjoy the perfect weekend in a beautiful part of our country, rich in history. And if you have time, go see Oatlands Plantation, which is near Leesburg. One of the friendly staff people recommended a visit, and she was right. Filled with history, it will not disappoint.
My spouse and I look forward to our next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The blazing floor-to-ceiling fieldstone fireplace in the Great Room of the circa 1900 Carriage House amplifies the warm welcome that arriving guests at the Goodstone Inn & Restaurant have come to expect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Goodstone Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goodstone Inn And Restaurant
- Goodstone Inn & Restaurant Hotel Middleburg