Goodstone is a wonderfully interesting, relaxing, upscale and comfortable place with lodging options located in several old, classic buildings, large and small, scattered around the large and beautifully maintained estate. The rooms, bathrooms, sitting rooms and furnishings are first class and worth the rather high daily rate. There are several amenities and activities available, one of the most interesting of which for us was a visit to the on-site working farm, where lambs were born on the day of our arrival recently.
Unfortunately, except for breakfast, the dining room and bar service do not live up to the standard that is set by the lodging. Management urges an upscale dress code and prohibits jeans and t-shirts. We like dress codes, the stricter the better, and we dress accordingly, but be prepared do dine with sloppily dressed, jeans and t-shirt wearing slobs in the beautiful dining room. We don't understand why some men dress up for a free wedding reception or church but dress way down when they are paying hundreds of dollars for the night plus a lot for dinners and fine wine. Oh well.
Good news: The website is reasonably accurate. Goodstone deserves five stars even with the dining deficiency because everything else is so great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The blazing floor-to-ceiling fieldstone fireplace in the Great Room of the circa 1900 Carriage House amplifies the warm welcome that arriving guests at the Goodstone Inn & Restaurant have come to expect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Goodstone Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goodstone Inn And Restaurant
- Goodstone Inn & Restaurant Hotel Middleburg