My husband and I decided to stay here for one night in February 2013 after our wedding. It was the perfect place for a short winter getaway! On the way to the Inn, we stopped first in the down town area of Middleburg (which is only about 10 minutes from the Inn). It's a cute little town, with a bunch of shops & restaurants (although we were there on President's Day, so many were closed--also, I believe some of the restaurants weren't open regularly on a Monday). When we got to the Inn at check-in time (around 3pm), where we were greeted with freshly baked scones and tea. The staff was very courteous and attentive. We were shown our room (we stayed in the Carlyle Junior Suite, which was connected to the Carriage House (where the restaurant and check-in area was). The room is absolutely adorable (and looks exactly like the photos on the website)--very cozy and stocked with a Kerig so we could make tea or coffee whenever we wanted, waters and soda.
We took a walk around the grounds (make sure to walk down near the Bull Barn to see the huge pig!), which was really nice (although I think in the summer there would be even more to do--kayaks, pool, etc).
We had dinner at the restaurant, which was delicious! Our waiter was great and brought us some complimentary champagne, since we were celebrating our wedding. We ended up doing the 3 course prix fixe dinner and everything was absolutely delicious. The cheese plate for dessert was especially good, as was the raspberry souffle. We asked if we could bring our wine over to the fireplace in the reception area to finish, which the waiter said we absolutely could, but unfortunately, the fireplace was turned off by the time we got over there. Still, a very delicious, atmospheric, and romantic dinner!
The next day, it was raining, so after our delicious full country breakfast in the main house (which was only about 20 feet from our room--so convenient!) we sat by the fire in the main house. There is chess to play and also some books, magazines and newspapers.
A great trip--we would definitely go back there! The only thing that was missing was a fireplace in our room. Also, it's a little expensive, but when we had a Living Social deal, so we got it for half price.
- Also Known As:
- Goodstone Inn And Restaurant
- Goodstone Inn & Restaurant Hotel
- Goodstone Inn & Restaurant Hotel Middleburg
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The blazing floor-to-ceiling fieldstone fireplace in the Great Room of the circa 1900 Carriage House amplifies the warm welcome that arriving guests at the Goodstone Inn & Restaurant have come to expect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Goodstone Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.