“3rd Stay this year at the Courtyard Dunn Loring - pleasant experience every time!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Dunn Loring Fairfax

Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Merrifield
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Just finished a week long trip to the DC area. Though I now live in NYC (used to be a few minutes from this hotel), I'm down in the area regularly. Sometimes, when the rate is right, I'd rather stay at a hotel than my parents house or a friend's house.

This weekend was my third stay at this hotel - it's a great property, just steps to the Metro, minutes to Tyson's Corner,right near 495 & 66 - so a perfect location.

Great staff, never have an issue when I stay here. Housekeeping always keeps the rooms spotless and it's a great hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

285 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Winchester, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We wanted somewhere to stay where we didn't have to drive to get into dc. Less than a block to walk to the Metro, good area, didn't feel worried about safety even walking home at midnight. Very nice hotel, no complaints!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here to tour DC over the weekend, as the hotel is next to the metro station. We had a room on the second floor and had no problems. The bed was very comfortable, there was a large flatscreen tv in the room, bathroom was nice, etc. My only complaint is that there was no hair dryer in the room.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Fontana, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My mother and I stayed here to visit DC. Only a few minutes walk to the metro station, it was very convenient. The staff was friendly and helpful. We booked a room with 2 double beds and they gave my mom and I a HUGE room. It was clean and comfortable. I slept very well. There was significant clothing and luggage storage.

The main communal and eating space was interesting and comfortable. The food pricing at the cafe was actually not bad and comparable to a sandwich plate I could get in NH.

The local area seemed clean and safe, with a lot of upscale new commercial and condo construction around. Didn't mind walking alone within a block of the hotel at night, around where the local dog park is.

I would recommend this to anyone wanting to visit DC, without paying the city hotel and food prices.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Guttenberg, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

For my recent trip to DC with my girlfriend, we booked a room at this hotel based on its location relative to the DC Metro Rail. We were in a room with a King size bed, non-smoking on the 3rd Floor.

The hotel is walking distance from the Dunn Loring Metro Station. Nice amenities - Fridge in room, flat screen tv, desk, sofa. Indoor pool on site.

My only complaint from our stay came from the room next door to us. I guess the walls are thin between rooms, because the people in the room next to us had a crying baby, and it woke us up long before we intended to get out of bed. I could even hear them next door when they were talking at a normal volume.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
DENVER
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Our second time at this hotel, this time a trip with three grandchildren to see the DC sites. Rooms are nice with two lovely queens with quality linens. One granddaughter particularly liked the bathroom toiletries and insisted that she smelled so good that the bees would be after her. This hotel could not be closer to the Metro. Don't settle for near the Metro, this is the real deal, you could not be closer. If driving, parking is free and no hassle in finding a spot.
We all enjoyed the "Market" for snacks, breakfast, and a late night beer. The food is fresh and enough of a selection to feed two healthy eating adults and kids with a range of appetites. The value of the food was outstanding.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My family (2 adults, 2 kids (6 - 2)) stayed here the last weekend in March 2013 and we had a great time. The hotel lobby has had renovation since we last stayed here in 2007 and it is very upscale in appearance now. As Marriott members, we requested a high floor and room with no feather pillows which we received. They placed us on the 10th floor and the other guests in the elevator with us joked that we received the penthouse! The rooms are clean and spacious enough that we didn't feel like we were on top of each other. Breakfast the next morning was a bit hectic as we stayed over spring break and many families were visiting as well. We were able to snag a booth with a tv and that kept the kids busy while the food came.

Our rooms came with free breakfast and in the past, it was a buffet but they have changed it. The adults order off a menu and the kids off the child's menu. If we had to pay out of pocket for the breakfast, I would say it wouldn't have been worth it - especially the kids choices. My husband and I each ordered the breakfast platter and the food was hot and tasty. If you have to pay out of pocket $10-$12 per entree, I would head out of the hotel and get breakfast elsewhere.

The only truly negative issue is with the bathtub. My husband nearly slipped because of the unevenness stepping in and out of the bathtub. He was able to grab onto the bar to stop. My son actually slipped but thankfully he did not break any bones. The hotel has a small sign posted to the wall of the bathroom for you to be cautious of slipping. It really is very steep and uneven! It is something to think about if you are traveling with the elderly or very young.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Dunn Loring Fairfax? Share your experiences!