I stayed at this hotel for several months while working in the area. The lobby has been renovated so it’s quite nice. The bed was comfortable, everything worked and once I was inside my room, I couldn’t hear anyone in the rooms around me which I really appreciate. The room, however, could use a renovation. The room I was in had ripped wallpaper in the bathroom. The bathroom towels could be a bit fluffier as they feel like sandpaper. The furniture and the carpet need to be updated and the free internet is slow. There is a choice to pay for a faster internet but I didn’t upgrade. The number of TV channels you can watch is really not that many and could be improved. The free breakfast each morning is your standard expectation and the light evening meal the hotel provides Monday-Wednesday was especially nice after working a long day and not wanting to make something myself. Out by the pool are several tables and a grill. Often on nights, I would grab the light evening meal and sit outside just to enjoy the fresh air. Right outside the hotel and down a few stairs are several restaurants (Thai, Chinese, Pizza, Starbucks and a great deli), CVS, and a hair and nail salon which was good for me since I had a lengthy stay. And across the street (busy intersection but has crosswalks) are several more restaurants. There is also a beautiful new shopping/eating area just down the street. It has plenty of activities (fountains for the kids to run through and a huge screen on a building to watch movies--that was great during the World Cup Soccer), along with a Target, Chipotle, and an organic food market. It is true that this hotel is about 1.5 miles from the Metro and there is no shuttle service, but I had my car so it wasn’t a problem. The Metro parking lot is free on weekends so I was able to park my car and actually head into DC to enjoy the city. There is also an entrance about 2 miles away for the Washington-Old Dominion bike trail (which is about 35 miles long) and that was an outstanding ride on the weekends. This hotel has underground parking so I used that which was great on those rainy mornings. Every staff member I encountered, and I encountered a lot, was polite and went out of his/her way to make my stay the best it could be. I even didn’t get to the hotel until 1:30am and they had left a light on in my room – that was a pleasant surprise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn hotel in Falls Church, Virginia is situated just one mile from the Dunn Loring DC metro rail station, adjacent to shopping, dining and entertainment options and is easily accessible from both I-495 & Route 50. This hotel in Merrifield, VA is convenient to Tysons Corner businesses, Washington DC, the Inova Fairfax Hospital and more. Guests feel at home in our spacious extended stay suites offering separate living, sleeping and dining areas. Each suite at our Falls Church extended stay hotel features fully-equipped kitchens, living rooms with pullout sofa beds, a 42" flat screen TV. Work easily while traveling for business in a large desk with convenient outlets, ergonomic desk chair and complimentary internet-access. In addition, this hotel serves complimentary breakfast daily, offers social hours on select evenings and provides 24-hour access to the hotel’s fitness center. This Falls Church, Virginia hotel also has a meeting room perfect for training sessions or small gatherings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Marriott, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn Fairfax Merrifield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Fairfax Merrifield Hotel Falls Church
- Residence Inn Falls Church
- Falls Church Residence Inn
- Fairfax Merrifield Residence Inn