“Nice property” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Merrifield
“Nice property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

When I checked in, I didn't realize there was underground parking and the guy who checked me in didn't tell me. Once I got into my room and left for some food, I noticed people were parking underground. I checked with the desk clerk, who was a different person, and they let me know about the underground parking. That was important to know because there was a snow storm that evening. The snow storm meant the city was shutdown the next day, so I worked from my hotel room. It was a decent size and I had stocked some items in the fridge, which was key to have. The only thing I wasn't a fan of was how far the hotel is from the metro. Luckily, I had a rental car and I had no choice on what hotel I could pick, but keep that in mind if you're looking for something near the subway.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Matt J, General Manager at Residence Inn Fairfax Merrifield, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad you found your stay to be overall accommodating. We will be sure to mention to our guests at check in that we do have underground parking and that the metro station is a short mile away which can be reached via cab for a low cost should they choose not to rent a car. Please continue to keep us in mind, as your home away from home, when visiting the Falls Church area. We look forward to your return the next time you visit!

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

My wife and I spent this past weekend at this hotel, our eighth or so stay there. Each time it was to visit the Smithsonian museums and the National Gallery of Art. Why stay 20 or so miles from the National Mall? First, the rates generally are half what we'd pay downtown. With the Residence Inn a few blocks from the second to last stop on Metro's Orange Line, it's an easy ride to the Smithsonian. As boomer retirees, we take the comforts of home on our travels. This hotel is ideal for spreading out. The furnishings are beginning to show their age, but the place is always spotlessly clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. The ladies handling breakfast are super efficient. The parking, particularly the garage, is convenient. And with the hotel being just outside the Beltway, we can make an easy exit West on Monday morning feeling a bit smug at not having to be stuck in the eastbound backups on the Interstate.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Matt J, General Manager at Residence Inn Fairfax Merrifield, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the Residence Inn Fairfax Merrifield. We greatly appreciate repeat guests like yourself. Our Residence Inn is located one mile from the Dunn Loring DC metro station, adjacent to shopping, dining and entertainment and is easily accessible from both I-495 & Route 50. Glad that you find our location to be convenient and perfectly fit your needs while visiting DC's many sites. We look forward to seeing again in the future when you visit the area.

Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights while on a business trip. The staff is very nice and accommodating. Hotel is very clean for a place that is so busy. Plenty on free parking. Enjoyed my stay and would definitely plan a stay here again. I always find the Marriott chain to be a great value.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad you found your stay to be overall comfortable, convenient and accommodating! Please continue to keep us in mind, as your home away from home, when visiting the Falls Church area. We look forward to your return the next time you visit!

Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Stayed here last night on business, as I have stayed before and had a good experience. Due to the inclement weather I had to change my booking at the last minute, and when I called with the change, Tony was very helpful. Check in was fast and I love the new "Plinko" game for Elite members! Thanks for the free soda! Room was clean, and I like having the separate bedroom. Breakfast and the evening social are always good, and the dining staff take really good care of you - helping with dishes and ensuring food is replenished quickly. The location is excellent, and I really like the underground parking, especially when it's raining or snowing! Overall great business stay. I've read several reviews that mention problems with Internet - I've stayed twice and had no issues, so hopefully this is resolved. I've just booked again for next week!

Room Tip: I've had rooms facing the highway and never had an issue with noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Matt J, General Manager at Residence Inn Fairfax Merrifield, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you Nicole for your valuable feedback. We are glad you found your stay to be overall comfortable, convenient and accommodating. I also appreciate you choosing to stay with us another week! Please continue to keep us in mind, as your home away from home, when visiting the Falls Church area. We look forward to your return the next time you visit!

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I was sent to this hotel on business by my company. I was very surprised by the quality and amenities that come with a normal stay! I stayed for two weeks in Jan/Feb 2014.

First off, let me say that it is easy to see that this is not a brand new hotel, there are things that are dated, however they are super clean and kept up well. One awesome thing that happened that I just noticed is that there was a piece of carpet that was ripped when I first checked in. I didnt say anything about it because it wasn't a big deal, but looking over at it now, they fixed it! That is great to see that they are on top of everything!

This hotel offers, free basic internet (faster speed is offered at $5.95 a day, but I just used the basic free service and it worked pretty well... I even watched a movie on it last night). Free breakfast every morning with a great selection is also included. A great selection is important, especially staying 2 weeks, They had plenty of options and switched up the selections. They also provide manager dinners 3 times a week for free... they have different things on different days like picnic day (hamburgers and hotdogs) on Monday, Italian night and fajita night. This is a great option.. especially because its free! The hotel offers free newspapers every day, just pick them up at the front desk. They have a nice market center with everything from toiletries to snacks to beer and wine if you should need anything on the fly.

The hotel location is great, tucked away off the main road, but a block away from tons of restaurants and a half a mile from the Dunn Lorning metro station. This station has plenty of parking and is free on the weekends.

Housekeeping was on point. Let me say, I am a healthcare housekeeping operations manager, so believe me when I say I thoroughly checked my room. It was clean, high dusting was done, and carpets were cleaned daily. I had no worries about the cleanliness of my room or any area of the hotel.

Pool and whirlpool are outside, so I didn't get to experience them during my winter stay, but I did see that they have a basketball court as well. Parking is awesome and convenient. Underground garage that is secured, just use your room key to gain access, easy access to the elevators. This is also nice when it snows so you don't have to worry about your car being covered.

Hotel staff are super nice and everything you expect when you are at a hotel away from home. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and recommend my family and friends. For the price, it is a great deal with easy access to DC!

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the elevator and near the front lobby are great, especially because it's close t...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Matt J, General Manager at Residence Inn Fairfax Merrifield, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad you found your stay to be overall comfortable and a clean environment. We appreciate feedback like yours to learn that we are meeting our guests expectations and so we can constantly find new ways to improve. We look forward to your return the next time you visit the Merrifield area.

Springfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Love the hotel location.. shopping center next to it with starbucks.. the rooms were clean and well maintained.. friendly and well trained staff.. definetly will return to this location..they had wonderful fresh bake cookies for dinner dessert.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Matt J, General Manager at Residence Inn Fairfax Merrifield, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you Mike for your feedback on your recent stay at the Residence Inn Fairfax Merrifield. I am glad you found our location to be convenient which is adjacent to shopping, dining, entertainment and is easily accessible from both I-495 & Route 50. Please come back and see us when you visit the area and we will be sure to have some fresh baked cookies waiting for you!
Lewisberry, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We spent the night before my son's return flight to Japan. We arrived a bit late, but check in was quick and efficient. The rooms were very clean. The only real complain was the tepid food at breakfast. It could have been much warmer. Still, I would stay again, and probably will as DC is a common weekend trip for us.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad you found your stay to be overall comfortable and a clean environment. I apologize that the food we offered during our complimentary daily breakfast was not warm. If there are any issues you incur during your stay we try to remedy as soon as possible and we appreciate feedback like yours so we can constantly improve. We look forward to your return the next time you visit the Merrifield area.

Matt James

Been to Residence Inn Fairfax Merrifield? Share your experiences!