We used this hotel as a base for a three day trip to DC and Baltimore and were pleased with its location. It is handy for Dunn Loring Metro Station and is only just off the interstate, which suited us. There are a number of shops and restaurants in the area too, including a huge Target , which appears fairly new.
We use a fair few Residence Inns and would rank this one up there with the quality of its breakfast buffet.
The ladies work hard clearing tables and restocking the buffet which, to me, is always a good sign of a well run place.
We had a one bedroom unit up on the fourth floor of four and, whilst it was a good trek to the breakfast room and reception it was very handy for the lift to the underground car park. The car park is another plus to go with the clean, well maintained suites and the breakfast staff.
The two minus points for me are the abysmally slow internet connection - both on wired and wi-fi, and on every available network. It was so slow, it was almost unusable.
The other minus point was the poor quality of the TV signals of the analogue channels - they had a few HD channels, which were okay (except when the 'no signal' message appeared) but the analogue ones with grainy and unwatchable. We didn't spend to much time in the room, so neither of these issues were major, but they would have been on a longer stay.
All in all, the plus points outweigh the minor niggles and I would have no problem staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn hotel in Falls Church, Virginia is situated just one mile from the Dunn Loring DC metro rail station, adjacent to shopping, dining and entertainment options and is easily accessible from both I-495 & Route 50. This hotel in Merrifield, VA is convenient to Tysons Corner businesses, Washington DC, the Inova Fairfax Hospital and more. Guests feel at home in our spacious extended stay suites offering separate living, sleeping and dining areas. Each suite at our Falls Church extended stay hotel features fully-equipped kitchens, living rooms with pullout sofa beds, a 42" flat screen TV. Work easily while traveling for business in a large desk with convenient outlets, ergonomic desk chair and complimentary internet-access. In addition, this hotel serves complimentary breakfast daily, offers social hours on select evenings and provides 24-hour access to the hotel’s fitness center. This Falls Church, Virginia hotel also has a meeting room perfect for training sessions or small gatherings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Marriott, Tingo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Residence Inn Fairfax Merrifield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Fairfax Merrifield Hotel Falls Church
- Residence Inn Falls Church
- Falls Church Residence Inn
- Fairfax Merrifield Residence Inn