“Business Trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Merrifield
Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia
“Business Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Excellent location, ample parking space, near to a couple of shopping centers and Dunn Loring Metro station.

They also serve good and healthy breakfast on daily basis. Top of that, complimentary dinner is provided on certain days.

TV channel is sufficient to keep you occupied, news, HD sports, cartoon and HBO.

Room service as usual, checking in is as expected, there's just nothing to complaint on this hotel as it suits the 'Inn' category.

Room Tip: Ground floor, near to exit for breakfast and parking area, facing the woods as the opposite sometime...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Matt J, General Manager at Residence Inn Fairfax Merrifield, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be your host during your recent visit to the Northern Virginia area. The staff and I appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed there with our three young kids. We got very reasonable rates over the spring break. The good: full kitchen in the room, separate rooms for kids, flat screens in all the rooms, free breakfast included, 15-20 minutes to DC attractions.
The bad: The breakfast was really jam-packed. They ran out of lot of items.

Overall, if you're looking for a basic place to stay, this is good, especially if you have kids. I gave it 4 stars since value was good for the money and I can't complain too much about the chaos at breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at the Residence Inn Fairfax Merrifield. We pride ourselves in being able to provide a bit of tranquility for our guests. We look forward to having the opportunity to being your host again the future.
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Residence Inn has a brand new lobby and breakfast room area. Very nice indeed and this is our second stay here. Very good location, just off the I-495 near Tysons Corner. Friendly and helpful staff, good range of breakfast item and free WIFI in the rooms. Spacious and with good heating!! It was snowing when we stayed here and the underground garage was a welcome relief for over night parking. Laundry room was busy during the breakfast session, but free at other times. Starbucks and Panera, and a CVS are 2 minutes walk way. Very helpful staff and housekeeping kept the room clean and tidy and fitted in with our busy schedule.Will definitely return and highly recommend this to anyone wanting a good apartment style hotel in the Tysons Corner, Merrifield, Vienna, Falls Church, Mark Center, Springfield areas.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet and have no road noise. The 4th floor rooms have a view over the trees to the ne...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
It's always a pleasure to read how much our guests enjoy our hotel. Thank you for your comments and for sharing your experience while here at the Residence Inn Fairfax Merrifield.
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have stayed here everytime I am in Washington as it is one up from a single hotel room and allows you the luxury of self catering if you want. OK the food was a little basic for breakfast but it was sufficient and filling but then this is not an upmarket $300 a night facility.

I find the staff very friendly, the location is good as there are bars and eating places very close by and its right next to the major roads so travel is not an issue providing you avoid rush hour!!!

The room is comfortable the facilities more than adequate and I will continue to stay here during my visits given the opportunity.

Room Tip: There is a gym in the hotel but very small. The do evening food on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your most recent experience (and previous experiences too) at our hotel. Each member of my hotel team takes great pride in being able to meet our guests' expectations. It was a pleasure to hear about your enjoyable stay and how you found our room rates to be a great value in the area. We look forward to seeing you again when in the Northern Virginia area.
Vienna, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

It took us more than 30 minutes to check in. We didn't get the king bed that we have requested. When we got to the room, we were shocked of how smelly the room was. This was 10:00 pm at night. I called front desk to see if we could move to another room because the room smelled horrible. It was like a mixed of curry spices and wet shocks. The front desk lady told me she would check and call me back in 5 minutes, but she never did. I called back after 10 minutes and she said she was busy. She said she will give me a call back in 30 minutes. At this point, I was exhausted and frustrated. I just wanted to go to sleep. I told her to let me know so I could find another hotel to stay if she's not able to find another room for me. She ended up moving us to handicapped room. The heater was super noisy, but at least we were able to breath. Neither one of us got much sleep that night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt J, General Manager at Residence Inn Fairfax Merrifield, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Angie L,

I have reviewed your online survey and sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Fairfax Merrifield.

I am addressing your comments with my management team and employees so we can correct the situations you described. It is not the type of service we strive to provide, and we do our very best to make sure every guest leaves happy and satisfied with our services.

Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. I only hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our true high standards in the future.

Best regards,

Matt James
Fairfax
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

If you're having to spend any time in the room watching television or if you'd like to see a show you like, this is not the hotel for you. UNLESS you want ESPN. Apparently this hotel caters to MEN as if women don't patronize here or watch television. Literally there are like SEVEN sports channels, two business channels (ie. Bloomberg) and a host of other MALE channels like USA, HDNet 1 & 2.
Ladies, no Bravo, no Family Channel, no WeTV, no Lifetime, none of that.
And to make matters worse, the cable reception is horrible. I stayed here (no choice) several times in the past year and each and every time the channels kept fuzzing up and going out reading "NO SIGNAL".
The walls are paper thin, too. The side-by-side guest room doors, particularly if you have a busy body neighbor, slam throughout the day (and night). Bring earplugs. If this is where your job sends you to be close to the businesses around here, I'm sharing this info with you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. We offer our sincerest apologies that our television channel selection did not exceed your expectations. It is through our guests' feedback that we are able to improve our services. Therefore, I am updating our channel line up to include your suggestions. Next time you are in the area we hope to wow you with our improved selection of channels. Thank you again for the review and have a great day!!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in February 2013 for two nights. We very much enjoyed our stay at the hotel. Our room was like a studio apartment. The room was clean, quiet and fully loaded. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Metro station serving orange line was located nearby. The breakfast was great - one can even make his/her own waffle! There is a mall, with a number of restaurants, only steps away. WiFi in the common areas was quite helpful. I would certainly return to this hotel if I am in this area in the future.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the outstanding review. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Residence Inn Fairfax Merrifield? Share your experiences!