“Value for money...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mechanicsville
Singapore, Singapore
“Value for money...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed here on several occasions over the years.

Check-in: prompt and friendly

Rooms: clean, large, good WIFI connection

Location: As good as it gets for Mechanicsville. Short walk to several restaurants (IHOP and Waffle House), 5 minute walk to Outback Steakhouse, short drive to several shopping outlets.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

This hotel is convenient to I-95 near Richmond, Virginia. It is clean, pleasant, with good breakfast offerings. The rooms are fresh and have comfortable beds and bedding. Although we did not have our pets with us, they do allow pets. We have stayed here a few times and have found the staff courteous and welcoming.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Orange County, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I just spent two nights at this property. It was okay for a place to lay my head but from what I expect and pay for from a Hampton it was not quite up to par. First the location was exactly what I needed for the business I had to attend to in east Richmond. Easy access on & off the interstate and Mechanicsville Turnpike which I used to get to my destination. Plenty of fast food as well as other chain restaurants (Ruby Tuesday, Outback) nearby as well as Walmart, Target etc.

Check-in was easy and fast as a Hilton Honors member. My room, a king bed was on the highest floor and away from the elevator per my instructions on my HH profile. Initial opinion of the room showed it be a standard Hampton room clean with all of the amenities expected. However after settling down I found the room not to be as maintained as what a Hampton is suppose to be. Mostly little things such a small pile of hair behind the door in the bathroom, tissue dispenser and coffee maker also in the bathroom were in need of a dusting with the accumulation of dust across the top of each, the mirror in the bathroom looked like it had been wiped with a dirty (or lint filled) cloth with the specks all over it. All of these little issues were there for both days of my stay. Additionally the bathroom amenities were haphazardly placed, the first night two conditioners and one shampoo, the second night were two conditioners and one body lotion--the shampoo left in the shower was removed, so no shampoo at all. Finally, I found a packet a pills from a previous occupant of the room laying next to bed. Like I said these are small issues but it made me think about all of the other things that are not being taken of in the room that are not quite so noticeable. Needless to say I did not leave a tip like I usually do for the housekeeper.

The hotel did have an indoor pool and free breakfast, unfortunately due to my schedule I was unable to use.

Overall the bed was comfortable and fairly quiet considering its location next the busy roads.

As a Hampton fan I probably would stay here again,

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Lyndhurst, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Hotel was clean and comfortable. We stayed here while attending a gun show at the Richmond Raceway. My children really enjoyed the fresh baked cookies upon check-in. We would definitely stay again, but hopefully, when there is not a tour bus full of teens also at the hotel. The breakfast staff had a hard time keeping up with the feeding frenzy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Chapel Hill, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We recently stopped by this hotel on our way to DC since we were a little weary. Our driving decision was our pets and this hotel was very accommodating to our fuzzy friends. We stay at quite a few Hilton Hotels during our travels, but we were a little disappointed in this one. The location was good, however, we are not used to having to get dinner or snacks from a Vending machine. We were a little disappointed and at the same time the 3rd floor smelled very smokey.

Will stay here again in a pinch, but might try the other pet friendly Hilton in downtown Richmond next time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Brian H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Good afternoon Jen J.

Thank you so much for taking the time in reviewing my hotel on trip advisor. I am truly thankful you chose to stay with us on your trip to the D.C area; however, I am sorry to read that the hotel did not meet your expectations. As we are not a full service hotel, we do not offer dining options on property. That being said, if you are ever in the area again we do have a list of wonderful local restaurants available just minutes from the hotel.

As a non smoker, I can appreciate the dislike of the smell of smoke. Our 3rd floor is split between smoking rooms and non smoking rooms; however, our 2nd and 1st floors are completely 100% smoke free. We will be sure to accommodate you on one of those floors next time your travels bring you to the area.

Again, thank you so much for staying with us and i am very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced

Sincerely
Brian Hansen
Guilford, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We go to Florida for two months each year. We stop twice on the way down and twice on the way back. Traveling with a 12 lb dog requires that I do internet research to find hotels that take pets in places that are the right driving distance for our trips. This Hampton Inn is a gem. With plenty of restaurant choices 30 seconds away, free breakfast and a "pets stay free" policy, we will be staying there twice, every year.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Brian H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Charles R.

I am truly grateful you and your family chose to stay at our property. Also, it delights me to read that your stay was as you put " The Best Hotel Stay in Years". My team works extremely hard to ensure our guest’s receive exceptional service, and it warms our hearts to read your kind words. Thank you so much. It was a true pleasure having you here.
cazenovia, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Outstanding for the price. Comfortable, clean rooms with updated furnishings. Refrigerator and microwave were a plus, and pet friendly. Nice breakfast in the morning. Would highly recommend! Great location with lots of shopping nearby and right off 295. Staff made us feel very welcome and our pets too.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Brian H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear fiddlegirl12,

We greatly appreciate your review on our hotel; moreover, my staff and I would like to personally thank you for your stay. It was a pleasure accomadating you and your family during your trip to Mechanicsville. We hope to have you and your family stay with us in the future. We love having you here.

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville? Share your experiences!