“Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mechanicsville
New Hampshire
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed one night with our pet on our way down to Florida. It's a typical Hampton Inn, and I mean that in a good way. You know what you're going to get and that's why you stay there.

The front desk was very nice and helpful. The room was good and they accommodated my request for a top floor room away from the elevator.

There is a Walmart very close to the hotel and restaurants within walking distance. I thought the wireless was fine but not password protected. Fine for checking email but I wouldn't go into my bank accounts.

For some reason my GPS took us off at the exit before the hotel and we took a short drive on a back road to get here. Not sure why but it was just fine and really didn't affect our time for getting there. We were coming from the north and the GPS took us off at exit 38 instead of 37. Nothing to worry about, it got us there.

We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I travel for work, and this trip was no exception. But hotel of choice is Hampton Inn, and in that regard this location did not disappoint. As most Hamptons offer, there are amenities I take for granted. Plenty of outlets for my iPhone, iPad, etc. Comfy beds. The very cool "Hampton tray" so I can work on my laptop in bed. No complaints there.

However, you may wonder - so that's cool, what about the rating? You only put 3, or average!

Well, the rooms were clean and quiet. But, compared to other Hampton Inns I've been in, there were less amentities. It just didn't flash like other locations. The staff was GREAT......but the rooms? Meh. I can't really give tons of details as my notes were lacking on this trip, but that is the gist of it. You may feel like you didn't get the quality for the rate, but I can say you will get a good night's rest.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Medford, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Spent several nights here before Christmas, having made reservations for two rooms well in advance. Minor glitches with 2nd reservation. Staff very friendly, both on the phone and on site. 3rd floor (non smoking) stunk of smoke as soon as one exited the elevator. Rooms were clean and spacious. Breakfast served from 6-10 offered a variety of items, but dwindled down to stems and seeds after 9 every morning. Traffic noise on side of building facing 360.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Denton, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We love to stay at Hampton Inn, and have stayed with the chain in sites all across the country. This location was good for us as we visited family over the Christmas holiday. The room was very spacious. I expected to have two queen size beds, but the room had only two full size beds.For the price, I was disappointed, The breakfast buffet was not as nice as some other Hampton Inns we have stayed at before.

Liberty, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I cannot say enough good about our stay at this Hampton Inn. The staff is cordial and go out of their way to make your staff safe and comfortable. Their breakfast is good and oh at night they make chocolate cookies and the smell wafting down the hallway just beckons you try them. They have a wonderful pool and the staff are attentive and helpful. I highly suggest you try this hotel if you are staying near Richmond, VA. This is located on loop around I-95.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn for a couple of nights while visiting a few of the historical sites nearby. It is located close to Interstate 295 and downtown Richmond, making it a convenient base for both business or pleasure. Hampton Inn is normally a reliable brand and this hotel lived up to it. It cost a little over a $100 a night which was reasonable. Check-in was quick and easy, even was asked what floor I preferred and whether I wanted to be close to the elevator or not.

The room was large with a king bed, couch and work table. The bed itself was nice and soft and made for a good night's sleep. There was a television against the wall across from the bed. The remote unfortunately did not work that well, as you had to maneuver to just the right location for it to change channels. The air-conditioner worked well keeping the room at the temperature that you set. The room had good sound-proofing from one room to the other, but you could hear the traffic outside.

The bathroom had a couple of minor issues. For some reason the toilet, although seemed to have plenty of pressure, had to be flushed up to three times for you to complete your business. You also need to be careful in the bathtub. The floor is curved and there is very little flat space to stand while taking a shower. Fortunately there is a bar for you to grab when you lose your balance which is inevitable. It is almost like being on a rocking boat.

The breakfast in the morning was very good. There were the usual cold items as well as a few hot ones as well. The waffles were the usual that you find at hotels with make-your-own waffle irons. However the cheese omelets, sausage and potatoes were better than normal. The potatoes were well seasoned and were probably the best pat of the breakfast. Coffee is available at any time of day and is located next to the business center (kind of strange).

Overall I would recommend the Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville. Just be careful to watch for your turn into the parking lot as it can be easy to miss. It is adjacent to an IHOP so would recommend using that as a landmark.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Wytheville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

We have frequently stayed in hotels during our travels but this is the first time we stayed at a Hampton. We were very impressed. Our room was large and very comfortable, our bed was very comfortable also. Everything was very clean and the staff was very friendly. We will definitely stay with Hampton next time we travel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville? Share your experiences!