“Lower-end Hampton Inn--and missed wake up call!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mechanicsville
Maryland
“Lower-end Hampton Inn--and missed wake up call!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

This Hampton Inn really needs a makeover. The furniture is getting worn and looks old and even dirty. Breakfast was good and as expected at a Hampton Inn--but it was rushed because they didn't call at the requested time. Luckily I'd set my phone for 15 minutes later as a backup method! Kind of odd that the indoor pool is fully visible from the outside and the lobby, as well.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Motibhen, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville, responded to this review, December 20, 2011
Ms Sarah,
I am sorry for the inconvinience you had during your stay. I would like to let you know that we are starting to update the hotel by the end of this month and on your next visit you will see a new fresh hotel , If you can let me know which dates you had stayed with us I can see what went wrong with your wake-up call and I will make sure that it will not happen again. Please visit us again by giving us another chance. Happy Holidays to you and your family from us here at Hampton Inn Mechanicsville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Leland, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

We spent one night here on the way home from a visit in New York City. We chose it because it was on our route and could be obtained with only 25000 Hilton Honor points. I have stayed in many Hampton Inns and I expected much more than I experienced from a 4 year old hotel. Furniture was already showing damage and the bathroom was in need of caulking. Even the breakfast was not up to par as there was no main warm entree like eggs. If you are looking for just a real basic night's stay, this hotel is fine now, but I'll bet that the Hilton chain dumps it in a few years and it becomes a Days Inn or Motel 6.

Room Tip: I always ask for the top floor and away from the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Motibhen, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville, responded to this review, November 27, 2011
I appriciate your time and feedback for this survey. You are right that our hotel does need a facelift and you will be happy to know that we start our comple makeover by dec 2011 and you will enjoy the new fresh look of our hotel. I would like to extend my invitation to come visit us again in 2012.
Happy holidays to you and your family
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

We stayed two nights when in town visiting friends, The room was very clean and updated. Had a nice desk for the computer and getting on the Wi-Fi was a breeze. The bed and linens were exceptionally nice and comfortable. We slept very well and felt safe. The staff was friendly and helpful. Pool was not heated so we did not use, nor did we eat their breakfast. They did have a nice "bag breakfast" if you were in a hurry. We would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Motibhen, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Dear guest,

I appriciate your survey about our Hotel and will convey your message to all my staff.
We will see you soon and happy Holidays to you and your family from us here at
Hampton Inn Mechanicsville
Concord, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Let me start by stating that the hotel was very clean and the staff was kind and professional.

However, there were two bus loads of teens that were with their respective groups and apparently booked into rooms without the supervision of an adult. The noise, door slamming, and jumping up and down lasted until 3 am. The hotel was unable to "locate" the chaperon assigned to this rowdy bunch; that was according to the desk manager.

Also, the hotel failed to provide a separate breakfast area for these groups, as is normally done in this type of group-reservation. This resulted in the rest of the guests not being able to eat, as the six or seven tables normally used for breakfast were over run with kids that had no manners and were sitting 7 or 8 at a four person table.

Again, the hotel should have make accommodations as so the other guests were not inconvenienced.

I would stay here again, but if I see a bus of kids pull up, I'm running for zee hills!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Motibhen, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
I read your comments and would like to start out by saying that I am sorry that your breafast experience was not acceptable. We here at the Hampton Inn pride ourselves on our complimentary breakfast. We did indeed have a group with us that weekend, and also a wedding group. We did have our meeting room set up for the group of teens, they were to come down at different time intervals, some of the teens did come down early. I apologize if this inconvenienced you. We try very hard to keep everyone at our hotel comfortable and satisfied. We appreciate any feedback from our guests and we certainly hope you will be back to visit us.

Star Reff
Princeton, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

We arrived and we received a friendly greeting from the polite staff. We were even more excited that we could bring our family pet with us and although we would've been more than happy to pay a pet fee, we didn't have to. Everytime we came in our out of the hotel the staff told acknowledged us. The room was spacious and clean & I've never slept on a more comfortable bed!
We asked for a late checkout and they told us no problem and let us check out at 1pm, instead of the 11am and the staff still went above and beyond for us.
The continental breakfast lacked something to be desired, however, it was such a pleasant experience we overlooked that minor detail!
All in all it was a great experience and we will stay with Hampton again!

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the parking lot are more quiet due to the busy highway on the other side of the hote...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Motibhen, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
I would like to thank you for the wonderful compliments you have given to my hotel and staff. I will convey it to them and we will see you in near future soon.
SLC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

This is a fairly typical, right off the highway, kind of place. It's next to an IHOP and a Waffle House, in case one isn't enough. The rooms are nice and look updated, except for the bathrooms. Still, they are fine, just very functional, rather than decorative. The exercise room is closed right now for renovation, but the front desk will hook you up to use the one at the Holiday Inn next door.
The people were very nice, and the location and price are good.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Hello Jenn

I read you comments and I wanted to let you know that we are waiting for the approval for our guest bathrooms renovations. Our new Fitness center is ready and on your next visit you will enjoy all new equipments. See you soon
Salisbury, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

We arrived quite early after working night shift, and they got our room ready early for us to check in that morning. Staff was polite and went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. The only downfall was that they cut the water to our shower off. We were in the King Suite with the spa tub, and had to get moved to a regular King with a regular bath. They didn't adjust our bill, but since we checked in so early, I can't complain about that.
The beds were very comfortable.
I didn't get to enjoy the pool or the fitness center, but they sure did look nice. Next time, I will take advantage of these amenities.

Room Tip: Make sure that room 331 has water in the shower!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
I am extremly sorry for the inconvinience but after you had checked in we found the major leak problem we had it investigated and found it through your room's shower and we had tried to contact you but the number on your reservation was of your travel agency so we called them and told them to reach you and to advice you of the room change to our non Jaccuzi suite. I had also left you a message in your room to contact us as soon as you came in.
I hope you will give us another chance and visit us again.

Hakoo Bilimoria (GM)

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville? Share your experiences!