“Tasty and Convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Fairfax, Virginia
“Tasty and Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My family went to this restaurant on a Saturday morning to catch some breakfast before heading out for the day on the resort. It took more than a few minutes for someone to seat us but once we were seated the service was great.
Our kids devoured the fresh fruit bowl, should have ordered several of those, but the eggs we got for them were too greasy and had chunks of burnt bacon mixed in with the eggs, which would be fine if the eggs were for me or my husband, but it grossed our kids out and then they wouldn't eat the eggs.
My husband ordered a country steak with over medium eggs which he said was really good and I ordered the quiche, which was good but would have been better with a different crust. The crust was an actual pie crust instead of a croissant-like crust and was way too sweet for a quiche.
The coffee and cranberry juice were excellent!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Stafford, Virginia
“Best food of our trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We ate dinner here during our weekend trip to ski and visit the water park. We were very happy with the ambience, food quality and service! We ordered the Blackened Chicken Pasta, the Angus Bacon Cheeseburger, the New York Strip and the Trout. All were excellent, followed by some yummy desserts. Walnut Cheesecake was both unique and very tasty!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“80% solution Usually Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

restaurant and lounge are usually great. We have been going here since it opened. some wonderful specials along with main menu items. We had some great hospitality from the Operations Manager (Mark?). some problems with wine offerings and inability of bartenders and wait staff to communicate problem. OMG, spare me from the younger wait staff using juvenile jargon. When I thanked her for the service the response was "no problem". Note to 20 something's. Time to grow up and use adult language.
Bottom Line. Great place but donot accept substandard service. Senior staff know how to deliver but there can be problems with staff training

Springfield, Virginia
“Good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We dined here twice while at the water park. I had quiche for breakfast. The piece was small, but it always is. Go figure.
The kids loved the pancakes with chocolate chips. We also had dinner one night and I enjoyed that meal, too though I don't remember what I had. I do remember I really liked the restuarant for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Visited August 2012
South Jersey
“Good food, good service, and deer out the window!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Fareways Restaurant – Very good. The hottest meal I had all week! We had read that food at the resort was disappointing, and that Fareways is the only decent restaurant. We had the Jack Daniel’s Chicken Skewer starter, the chicken was so so (tasted boiled, not a lot of flavor), the onion laces were the best thing about that. I had the Surf and Turf: steak was cooked perfectly, shrimp were on the small side but I’m from New England, and therefore I’m a seafood snob. My husband had the pork chops and while they were very tasty, it was a really small portion. Here’s the thing, there was an early bird special chop, and a dinner chop. He asked what the difference was, was told the dinner chop was a larger portion. It was $5 more. That’s what he ordered. We both agreed the portion that he received could not have been any smaller, he likely would have gotten the same with the early bird special, and he would have gotten dessert included. Despite this, service was good, food overall was very good.

• Visited October 2012