“Everything was great!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Max Meadows
Cuisines: American, Organic
“Everything was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Greeted by the waiter, Thomas, and he made the dinner memorable. Food was fresh & delicious. Mansion was beautiful! Must see!

Timberlake, North Carolina
“healthy, delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Local, natural food in a National Historic Landmark. Fantastic view of adjoining horse farm. Good service. We'll go back for the food and take the historic tour.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great place to stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stopped while traveling and had a great lunch. Service was excellent and herbs were fresh from the garden. Next time we will do the tour!

“Great Find! Super Fresh!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

My husband and I were looking for a place to grab a quick late lunch on our way back home to Asheville, NC from Charlottesville, VA. We were trying to avoid the greasy fat food chains and stumbled across this place. It was a little hard to find but so glad we did! The food was AMAZING! Super Fresh and delicious! I ordered the veggie wrap and it came hot and stock piled with tons of awesome fresh veggies. I could even go as far as to say it was the best veggie wrap I've ever had! My husband had a chicken salad wrap that he devoured in a matter of minutes. I definitely recommend it to locals or anyone just passing by exit 80 on I-81.

Oak Ridge, TN
“On I-81 in VA? You need to stop here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were returning to Tennessee after dropping our daughter off at UVa and needed a place to stop for a late lunch. We try to avoid chain fast food places and were thrilled to have found a restaurant that promised fresh ingredients. We were warmly greeted and quickly attended to by our friendly waitress. It was a beautiful day and we sat on a second floor porch.

My husband ordered the grass-fed beef burger with pasta salad and I had the blackened salmon wrap with pasta salad. Both of us were completely satisfied with our meals. The pasta salad was perfect with very light oil dressing--mostly pasta and veggies. My salmon wrap was amazing--the salmon was hot off the grill and the veggies were fresh and crunchy. The whole wrap was warm and slightly toasted on the outside. My husband was very pleased with the burger.

In less than an hour, we had an relaxing, delicious lunch that was just what we needed after hours of driving. I am so glad we decided to give this place a try. Since we were traveling, we could not enjoy wine with our meal but they did have a nice selection. We also did not try the homemade ice cream but I am sure it must be fantastic.

Tours of the Mansion are offered and we plan to save time for that on our next visit. The grounds are absolutely beautiful.

• Visited August 2013