“Need a lesson in customer service” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Max Meadows
Salem, OH
“Need a lesson in customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We have stayed here before, but won't again. We booked ahead online and paid the extra amount for a King room, but when we got there an hour later, we were assigned a lesser room. I went right back to the front desk, and the young clerk said "All the Kings have been sold out." So, I simply said I wanted to pay the lesser rate since I didn't get the value I paid for. He claimed he couldn't - I immediately called Super 8, they said he could - he still wouldn't. The clerk said they lose money on internet bookings, I said he was lucky he had the internet avenue, or nobody would even stop at this hotel! After 3 calls to Super 8 customer service, the Patel Manager "wakes up" long enough (30 sec.) to run thru a discount on our credit card - after 2 hours of aggravation. In these situations, you have to watch for the scam. They tell you the better rooms are sold out and give you a lesser room, so that they can sell the premium rooms to the late night walk-ins that will pay any price just to lay their heads down. The Patel Manager said the next morning the King rooms had been under repair - yeah right - and why didn't they say that when we were going back and forth for 2 hours?!

Room Tip: First floor rooms have outside doors (with gaps) close to parking and sound and exhaust from vehicle...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
BARBERTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Hotel was clean, needs clocks they do not work. We have stayed here before and the clocks have never worked. The beds are clean, bug free, I always check. Breakfast is adequate for the price of the hotel. I am looking for a clean place to sleep at a good price. I am not interested in the HAMPTON INN and paying for the great decor.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Savannah, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

My husband and I were travelling back from NY to GA and needed a place to crash for the night. The room door had a gap under it enough for any roach to come in. I fell asleep at 11pm and was awakened by some idiot yapping through the wall. Fell asleep again at 1am and the drunks started hollaring on the balcony in front of our door. I called the front desk and the girl said she'd "try to find their room and ask them to be quiet" I called back and said they are hanging out hollaring outside the door and may not even have a room. She rudely told me she would deal with it and they disappeared seconds later. I think she did nothing and they just happened to take off. We learned our lesson from this place. If you travel, travel classy or stay home. Leave these holes for the trash

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Chiswell/Max Meadows? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Chiswell/Max Meadows

Address: 194 Fort Chiswell Road, Max Meadows, VA 24360
Location: United States > Virginia > Max Meadows
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Max Meadows
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Chiswell/Max Meadows 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Super 8 Chiswell/Max Meadows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Max Meadows
Super Eight Max Meadows
Max Meadows Super 8
Max Meadows Super Eight

If you own or manage Super 8 Chiswell/Max Meadows, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.