“A must see attraction in MHC” 5 of 5 stars

276-634-4141
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Scale models of dinosaurs and actual tracks of these great beasts of the past are featured through innovative exhibits, lectures and educational activities.
Martinsville, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
“A must see attraction in MHC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

A high-quality museum experience for half the price you'd pay in larger cities.

This is a great place to spend time with friends and family of all ages.

Roanoke, Virginia
34 attraction reviews
“A great resource!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

I take my grandchildren every year when they visit in August. This is a wonderful museum!! It is affiliated with the Smithsonian Museum, and reflects that high caliber.

Visited August 2011
“I like this museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

It is smaller than I expected but they do it right. There are more hands on exhibits than I have seen anywhere else. If you are in the area I would recommend spending an hour or two there. I had fun playing while learning. A museum shouldn't be static displays. I can learn online that way. We have family near by and when my son gets a little older it will certainly be a spot we visit each time we are in town. Great job guys. I had a good time.

Lynchburg, Virginia
15 attraction reviews
“This museum makes you appreciate Earth's past--and why it's important to plan for its future!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

This is a VERY good museum of natural history for ALL ages.
Children will enjoy hands-on learning. Dinosaur land? Sure! But so much more--not just about the state, but also about the whole world's ecological life. A place to REvisit....This summer has reduced admission. A good road trip!

Visited July 2010
Martinsville, Virginia
65 attraction reviews
“Impressive Research Facility”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

Stopped by here to see what was going on. They are totally revamping a portion of the museum to cater to the under 10 crowd and parents. I was too early to see it for myself. I will have to come back thru and check it out again. Pretty nice gift shop as well.