“Comfortable Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“Comfortable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

This is a modest but very nice hotel. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly. There were no problems with the reservation and the staff was friendly. The hot breakfast was about average for a free hotel breakfast with a nice selection and several hot items. I plan to return to this area in the future and will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

very comfortable, great bed quite. breakfast was great.... waffles, biscuits and gravy, eggs, bacon, sausage, cut potatoes, milks, juices..... breakfast was worth the stay. this place is located near everything you need, shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Tijeras, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2014 via mobile

We couldn't stay in first room due to poor air quality (musty) which got worse when we turned heater on (smelled like dead mice). Window was not openable, so no fresh air possible. We changed rooms but second room lwas also stale air with no way to get fresh air. We did get a refund and moved to another motel.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2014

This place turned out to be a real jewel considering the area, no offense to any from there. The front desk staff were a very pleasant surprise at the end of our very long day :) Considering that we stopped in first place we came to which was the Hampton Inn, next door and the front desk person made sure we knew they were booked and it was a $150.00, like we couldn't afford it. The area seemed kind of sketchy but this place is at the top of a hill kind of above the general nonsense and once we got settled in we were really comfortable. We were on our bikes and we parked on the front side and there's plenty of light that we were good with things, plus by then the staff had already sweet talked us and all we were thinking about was food and bed.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

This hotel was a great deal at $79/room. The rooms were clean. The shower was good. The bed was really comfortable. Big TV.

I had a non-smoking room and it did not stink. But all the hallways reek of smoke because they allow smoking in some rooms. This alone is reason enough to NOT stay here.

Decent hot/cold breakfast. Very nice attendant.

Wifi in the room was spotty, but it worked.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Heather L, General Manager at Comfort Inn Martinsville, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
Dear Scott S.,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I apologize for the unpleasant smell of smoke and we have addressed that issue to help with the odor. I hope you come back to visit us again and let us provide you with our exceptional service! Thank you and have a great day!
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

The Comfort Inn in Martinsville was not what I expected from a Choice Hotel. The room was okay but a little shabby around the edges. I can't say exactly why, but I worried about where to park my car -- i.e., I worried that it might get vandalized. Finally, and I know this seems minor, but when I went to get ice there was no ice machine I could find. When I finally trekked up to the desk the attendant told me that they didn't have machines, I had to give her the bucket and she went and filled it up somewhere. I don't think I have great expectations, but getting ice without having to go to the front desk seems rather basic to me. The price was okay - but not great. Next time I'd upgrade and stay somewhere a bit nicer.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to our attention. I have addressed the staff of these concerns and can ensure they are being fixed. We recently moved our ice machine to the first floor so it would be of more convenience for our guests. Our parking lot is safe and secured for our guests and I apologize it didn't feel like that for you. If you are ever in the area again, please let us show you a pleasant and memorable stay. Thank you and have a great day!
Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Sadly, this is a low quality hotel. The rooms are sometimes clean and sometimes not (I checked in and there was a used soap in the sink and wet used towels next to it). Breakfast is always missing multiple items (milk, cornflakes, etc). Eggs seem to be made from egg powder. The only reasonable thing was a bagel and yogurt. TV was not working and took 2 nights to correct. Cleaning service just doesn't bother to clean up the bathroom. In short - Avoid.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Comfort Inn for your trip! As always we strive to provide excellent service and amenities for each and every guest and I greatly apologize for us failing to do so. I discussed the cleaning issues with our staff and can ensure that will not happen again in the future. If ever you are in the area, please come try us again and let us make your stay a pleasant and memorable one! Thank you and have a great day!

Been to Comfort Inn Martinsville? Share your experiences!