“jswinn.va612 from the hotel was great!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Martinsville
Suffolk, Virginia
“jswinn.va612 from the hotel was great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We only stayed here for one night. But I want to give them a huge shout out! When I checked in I was checked in by a young lady and my receipt has the name of jswinn.va612 I wish I could remember her name (sorry). Everything went smooth at checkin and then we went to the room and that wasnt so good we ask for nonsmoking but you could tell someone has smoked in there and they tried to cover it up YUCK well i went back down and she was very nice about it and changed our room NO PROBLEM and i knew they were pretty booked. THANK YOU. with me saying they were booked the next morning i came to breakfast and there had to be 100 young boys there eating it up! The staff pulled it together and did a WONDERFUL job!! They were great!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GMComfortinn612, General Manager at Comfort Inn Martinsville, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for your recent visit at The Comfort Inn of Martinsville. Also thank you for taking the time to complete our survey and offer your feedback. We will be sure to pass your comments along to the staff members. I am happy to hear that our staff took good care of your needs and room condition. We look forward to having you back with us in the near future, and if you need anything please let us know.

Cheers
Scott Wilson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
League City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I am from Martinsville but have been gone for many years. It was great to find such a comfortable place to stay! The people were friendly. The manager greeted us on our arrival and checked to make sure all was ok when we left. Sammy in maintenance insisted on carrying my luggage in and ensuring my room was ok. Jo Ann was eager to know my room was ok and the entire crew just seemed to have such a good relationship!

I will definitely use this hotel when I come back to town! Great folks, great location, great visit.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GMComfortinn612, General Manager at Comfort Inn Martinsville, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for the comments you posted regarding our Comfort Inn Hotel in Martinsville VA. We take great pride in our hotel and are happy to hear that your stay was pleasant and that we met your expectations. We are also happy to hear that our staff was helpful to you. Joanne and Sam are a great asset to our team. We hope to see you again really soon!

Thanks Again
General Manger
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed with a daughter, a son, his wife and their 3 small children for two nights in June. From the start - the reservations were handled over the phone by Joseph (an excellent experience; possibly the best conversation I ever had regarding reservations) - everything exceeded our expectations. The hotel isn't the newest and flashiest in the area, but in my opinion they made up for it with the staff's attitudes. Everyone - everyone (starting with Joseph), the front desk, the breakfast staff, housekeeping, maintenance - was professional, polite, courteous and genuinely cared about our presence and satisfaction. The hotel is clean, comfortable, quiet, totally acceptable in all manner, and with the addition of the high quality staff, I do not hesitate to recommend it to others. (I do wish the hotel had adjoining rooms.)

Room Tip: I asked to be as far away from any smoking rooms as possible - we couldn't even tell there were...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank You for the wonderful words about our hotel. We take great pride in our hotel and staff and are strive to make everyone’s stay a pleasant one and I can see we met all those goals with you.

Thank you for recommending our hotel to others that are visiting the Martinsville area. We hope to see you again, and if you are in the area please don't hesitate to call us.

kingsport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Our family was really impressed with the friendliness of ALL the staff, which really seemed sincere and as if they cared, nothing superficial. Everything worked nicely...AC really chilled the room to our desire, hot water in shower/tub was as toasty as we wanted it, tv worked great without requiring a rocket scientist to figure out the remote (I'm not to tech savvy) and the best thing was the continental breakfast! It wasn't skimpy at all and I could honestly not have asked for a better breakfast or more variety even if I'd gone out and paid for it in a restaurant. These were the best scrambled eggs I have ever eaten and I fix eggs every day. To be honest, I wasn't too excited to stay in a hotel because we like cabins, but we weren't able to get one at a decent price at this time; however, I was thoroughly pleased and would STRONGLY recommend this Comfort Inn to anyone and everyone. Thank you staff, you were awesome and greatly appreciated and admired for your hard work and friendliness. God bless you greatly!!!

Room Tip: Our room was on the main floor, easy access and not noisy from others at all!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GMComfortinn612, General Manager at Comfort Inn Martinsville, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear guest, Thank you for choosing The Comfort Inn of Martinsville and Thank you for posting the wonderful comments about our hotel. I am so glad you had a positive stay. I will also pass along your comments to our staff, they will be glad to know that your stay with us was wonderful.
If you ever come back to the area, I would hope we will be the hotel of your choice.

Again thank you for the wonderful comments and recommendation.

Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I spent a very pleasant night at this Comfort Inn, where everyone who worked there was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable; good coffee; good breakfast. Jose was extremely helpful when we were checking out, printing out directions for us and giving other suggestions for sightseeing in the area.
We would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GMComfortinn612, General Manager at Comfort Inn Martinsville, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn of Martinsville, and Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinions of our guest and we are glad to know that your stay with us was a very pleasant one. I am glad to hear that Jose helped and gave you directions to different area attractions. We hope the next time you are in town you come back and stay with us.

Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The staff was so nice and helpful. We had a great experience with an employee named Sam. He was so nice and helpful. He told us about signing up for your rewards program. Everyone from the front desk to the cleaning staff were all so helpfull. We only stayed there 1 night but it was great and because of Sam telling us about your rewards program we used it several times on our vacation. Thank you for great customer service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GMComfortinn612, General Manager at Comfort Inn Martinsville, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for choosing The Comfort Inn of Martinsville, VA. We enjoyed having you as a guest with us and we are sure glad to hear that you had a great experience. Thank you for a great review. We love having Sam on our team he is an excellent team member, I will pass the review to Sam to let him know. If you are ever in the area again please give us a call we would love to take care of your lodging needs once again.

Rocky Point, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Checked in late on a Saturday night and couldn't ask for any better service. The lady at the front desk was helpful and sweet - the rooms we're fairly nice and clean with a good breakfast. The room ran around $80.00 fo rthe night which was a very good value for the money. I would definitely recommend theis hotel to others while staying in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GMComfortinn612, General Manager at Comfort Inn Martinsville, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and great review. I'm glad you were happy with the service and accommodations we provide and really appreciate your recommendation. I hope you will let us serve you again

Scott Wilson

Been to Comfort Inn Martinsville? Share your experiences!