“Unforgettable service!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Martinsville
Bristow, Virginia
“Unforgettable service!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I had to come in town for a funeral and to top it off was travelling for the first time alone with a toddler!! From my first phone call the service was impeccable. I have stayed at really high end places and have high expectations of the service in those places but to be honest did not expect that kind of service at the Comfort Inn. From the moment I arrived the custodian Sam helped with my every need even assisting me with all of my bags and baby equipment (and I had a lot :-)). My daughter instantly fell in love with him. He made sure everything was set up properly including the pack and play and turned what I expected to be a stressful experience into something easy. I felt like I was with family! My room ended up being close to the smoking section and the next morning when I asked to move the head housekeeper showed me a new room before moving me to make sure I would be comfortable and then Sam came back and moved all of my things for me again! My final morning there I was going to skip breakfast and just grab something in the car and Sam came up to take my bags down and insisted that I eat before getting on the road for 6 hours alone with the baby. Sam and the guy running the kitchen helped entertain my little one while I prepared food and were just unbelievable. I come to Martinsville every year and have always stayed at another hotel. After this experience I will not be staying anywhere other than this Comfort Inn!! The service tops what you would expect to find at a Conrad or something on that level and instantly makes you feel at home!! My only regret is that I took so long to write this review because my experience is at this hotel is something that I will never forget!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
GMComfortinn612, General Manager at Comfort Inn Martinsville, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for choosing The Comfort Inn of Martinsville and Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am very happy to hear that you experienced unforgettable service with us. We really appreciate that you took the time to pass along your positive comment. It is always encouraging to our staff members, when they read these type of comments, and they work hard every day in order to please all of our guests.
We hope to see you again.

Warm Regards :-)
General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I'm a hotelier and with that...a hotel snob. Myself and the other 24 people who had a 2 night stay at the Comfort Inn Martinsville, VA were very impressed. The staff, cleanliness of the rooms and overall service were top notch. The staff, especially Scott Wilson, the GM, and Dorthy, breakfast attendant made me a fan of Comfort Inn (Choice Hotels). Thank you for making me and the other 24 guests feel right at home. Given the opportunity, if ever back in Martinsville, VA, we will stay there hands down!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMComfortinn612, General Manager at Comfort Inn Martinsville, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at The Comfort Inn in Martinsville! We are so happy that you and the other 24 people had a great stay. We take pride in are guest and make them #1! I would also like to thank you for the kind words and please let me know when you are coming back to Martinsville. Thanks again!

Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We made the trip back in January and arrived around midnight. I could have sworn the lady at the front desk (kinda rude too) that night was smoking in the lobby. (I didn't see her anymore after that) And I'm going to have to agree that the beds were a tad too hard. BUT...put all that aside everyone and everything else there was FANTASTIC! We had a really lovely stay. VERY CLEAN! I can't remember who worked the breakfast station but he was so helpful and friendly. The sausage gravy was TASTY! I'd come back for sure, just for that...haha!. Oh, and Sam....he was quite helpful as well esp with the luggage. THANK YOU GUYS!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Matt1398, General Manager at Comfort Inn Martinsville, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at The Comfort Inn in Martinsville! Firstly, we would like to apologize for the issue with our Front Desk associate, we have made it a priority to make sure that never happens again. We apologize profusely because we strive to make each guests stay with us a pleasant memory! We are overjoyed that you enjoyed our facilities! Thank you for all the kind words! We take great pride in our cleanliness of our rooms! We hope to see you again in the near future! Thanks again!

Douglasville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The hotel was nice and the staff was very friendly. Beds were comfortable and room size was average. The bathroom was very small. I'd stay here again in the near future. Not a lot of options in the area. There's a great Mexican place down the hill and Walmart is also up the street.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your stay with us here at The Comfort Inn in Martinsville! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay here with us. We are glad you liked our comfortable beds! We strive to provide the best quality to our guests! We hope to see you again soon!

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Wonderful hotel! Newly updated! Comfy beds, very quiet, and good breakfast!!! I travel for a living and this one of the most impressive Comfort Inns. Very help staff, available 24 hours a day! Special thanks to Sam, Cody, Josephine, Ms. Jo, Ashley, and rest of the staff!

Room Tip: The hotel has a huge suite that sits away from the rest of the rooms. Wonderful for a weekend get aw...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Matt1398, General Manager at Comfort Inn Martinsville, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
We want to Thank You for chosing the Comfort Inn of Martinsville. I am very happy to hear that you we're very impressed with us, and that you had a wonderful stay. Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We hope the next time you visit Martinsville you chose to stay with us again.

Happy Holidays
Derwood, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I just returned from a four day stay at this hotel, and I have nothing but positive comments. The hotel is an older facility that has been smartly and comfortably updated. Reasonably priced rooms with comfortable beds, big flat screen TVs, and a nice desk with free Wi-Fi, plus a great breakfast spread, are major pluses. But I have to say, it was the staff and their helpfulness that really sold me. The hotel lacks an exercise room, but the staff offered passes to the local Y, and, even better, directed me to the Dick and Willie Walking/Biking Trail, which is about 1/4 mile away, and offers a paved walking trail along former rail tracks. My morning walks really added to the enjoyment of my stay. One morning when I stopped at the front desk, the staff was starting to hang Christmas decorations, and, in conversation, I learned that they were preparing for a party they will hold this holiday season at which they will distribute toys to deserving area children with proceeds of a fundraising effort they have headed. These folks have their heads and hearts in the right place! And the most touching thing happened to me on my last morning. As I made my way out of my room with my loaded luggage cart, a staff member tried to convince me to allow him to help me with the cart, but, no, foolish me decided I could handle it by myself. Going out the exit door with a fine mist falling, the cart got away from me, crashed over the curb and fell over, dumping all the contents and pulling me down with it! I quickly jumped up and tried to rescue my luggage and cooler, and before I could do it, staff member Sam came rushing to my aid, insisting on picking up the cart, my luggage, my cooler, and its contents and taking them to my car for me. Such a true southern gentleman. Thank you so, so much, Sam. I am sure I will be returning the the area, and to my Comfort Inn home.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Matt1398, General Manager at Comfort Inn Martinsville, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
We would like to thank you for staying with us here at The Comfort Inn in Martinsville. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We strive to make each guest's stay with us a great one and we are glad our staff took great care of you! We are glad Sam took good care of you, he is a great asset to our team! We are glad you liked our local walking trail, it is a great place to bike and walk. We hope to see you again in the future. Anytime you are in the area, please come see us! Thank you again, we hope you have a fantastic day!
Beckley, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We were on our way to Danville, Virginia, only thirty more miles and we would have been there but we decided to stop and we are glad that we did. Sam was the nicest person that we met, he helped us load all our stuff in our van and would not let us lift a finger to help him. Dorothy was the one in charge of the continental breakfast and it was awesome. The dining area was clean, neat, and the temperature was perfect (not too hot and not too cold.) Jose was the wonderful guy at the desk at checkout time. He was very nice. I don't remember who checked us in but she was nice and friendly too. We would HIGHLY recommend that if you need a place to stay in Martinsville, Virginia, you need to stay here. We will if we are in the area again.

Room Tip: We loved our room and we think that any room in this hotel would be a nice one. The service was the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Matt1398, General Manager at Comfort Inn Martinsville, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your stay with us at The Comfort Inn of Martinsville, I am very glad to hear that you had an awesome stay with us. I am happy to hear that Dorothy, Sam, and Jose took very good care of you with your stay and accommodations. I Thank You for the recommendations and if your are ever in the area please come and see us, we would love to take good care of you again.

Warm Regards
Scott Wilson

Been to Comfort Inn Martinsville? Share your experiences!