“Great Room with fantastic view of the countryside” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Inn Marion

Budget Inn Marion
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marion
Budget Inn Marion
You added Budget Inn Marion to your Saves list
259 Chestnut Ridge Drive, (Exit 39, I-81), Marion, VA 24354   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Marion
New York City, New York
“Great Room with fantastic view of the countryside”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I found the staff very efficient and friendly. Rooms clean and reasonably priced. Good wifi. My kids had a great time running around in the fresh mountain country air and enjoyed the awesome view of the green mountains.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

Horrible rooms are bad funny smell my bed was broke and anytime u use bathroom door would hit bed cender block walls bad ac flat pillows

• Stayed May 2012
Harmony, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

With the institutional green concrete block walls and the sparse, shabby furnishings, we felt like we were in a homeless shelter. In keeping with the down-and-out theme, the sheets were dingy, pilled and unwilling to stay on the corners of the ancient mattress. The room had an acrid, stale smoke oder (although we requested non-smoking). A cheap bedspread had 10 or 12 cigarette burn holes. Hot water was virtually non-existent.
We spent a miserable night in this dump only because we arrived tired with our two dogs. It was the only dog-friendly motel in the area. Next time we'll keep driving.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

On my way from NY to NC, I needed a place to rest the night, where I could stay with my dog. Many hotels in the Roanoke area and parts south were booked because of an event at Virginia Tech, so I kept driving. I passed over a couple of places because of the reviews that I read on TripAdvisor, however, I am so glad that I stopped at this Budget Inn.

I was greeted warmly and welcomed by the owner. She gave us a room near the grass for my dog. The room was clearly older and very basic, but it was amazingy clean - the bathroom, the carpet, the bed - everything! The sheets smelled clean and fresh. I have stayed in many hotels in this class and most of them have issues with musty smells, mold and mildew, etc. This hotel was really clean - bright white caulking in the shower - no weird smells, etc.

If you are looking for luxury, this is not the place for you. But if you want a really clean place to stay the night, I highly recommend this family run hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

I was on my way to Texas. This was my third Motel I stopped to check out as I was not happy with the rates and the rooms at the first two Motels I checked out.
I asked to see the rooms. I was pleased to see spacious and clean rooms. Bathroom was clean too. My wife is picky and she was ok with it too. We had a great view of the green countryside and the mountains. We stopped for 2 days as we had to get our car serviced. Front desk staff was friendly and gave us good service. We had excellent internet connectivity( I was pleased as I need to check my work emails frequently).
Good hunting in this part of town too is what i heard from my next door neighbor.
I will be back on my return trip definitely.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

I read the other reviews for this motel before making my reservation. I don't know where those people stayed but, it certainly wasn't where we stayed.
We went for the Nascar race at Bristol. Stayed for 5 days. During our stay our room was not serviced once. We came back after our first day out and found our wet towels still on the floor and the king bed with the double blanket was in the same condition that we left it. We took the wet towels to the office to get more. Was not that concerned about the bed, just assumed that service was every other day. The second day, just in case, we rehung our towels. Came back to find the room in the same condition that we left it. Since we hung our towels, did not bother to get more. The third day we brought food back to the room and filled the trash can. Came back to find no service again so, went to the office to get more towels and to the dumpster to empty our own trash can. Figured at this point we were on our own for everything. The night before the big race the motel filled to about half. The normally VERY low water pressure was now so low it was almost imposible to shower at all. The normally barely warm water was now just room temp. The normal daily rate of $34 was raised to $145 for the race weekend. The motel is very old and some issues were to be expected but, this was just rediculous. I could go on about many other issues. I am aware that many businesses in the area make the bulk of their income for the year on the race weekends. It pains me to leave such a bad review but, our stay at this motel put quite a damper on our trip. We certainly would have made a different choice for lodging had I seen a review like this. Hope no one else has the same experience we did.
I do have to say that when the owner/manager was around, she was very nice. The only small high point of our stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

We traveled to Marion for business and were very pleased with the property. Sanjay and Rekha were so accommodating and friendly. I would recommend this property for a nice, clean place to stay for a very reasonable rate.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Been to Budget Inn Marion? Share your experiences!