“Not worth the money paid” 2 of 5 stars

Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Marion
Harleysville, Pennsylvania
“Not worth the money paid”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this motel on a very long trip north from Mississippi. Some of the other reviews posted sounded like it was an acceptable option so we stopped. The bathroom in the room was disgusting......cracks/worn spots in the tub that looked like it hadn't been scrubbed, ever! There was hair on the floor that didn't belong to either of us and there were slits/holes in the drapes. Even though this is a "value" chain we still paid $72 for this room. We will bypass any Americas Best Value Inns in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hotel1st, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Babyblue57,

I would like to personally thank you for sharing a review with us. I am sorry to hear about the issues you encountered during your stay. We have recently hired and improved our housekeeping staff. There is never an excuse for not providing clean and affordable accommodations. We hope that you stay with us or at another one of our hotels across the Country.

Americas Best Value Inn-Marion, VA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Glen Allen, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This hotel was the saving grace of our accidental stop in Marion, VA. My husband and I were traveling on I-81 on our way to our new home in California when we were rear-ended on an exit ramp near Marion. After our release from the emergency room, at 11pm, we had to find a pet-friendly place to stay. We were so lucky that the Americas Best was across the street from the hospital. The staff was courteous and understanding. We were allowed to check our room before checking in - which I always do because I am very sensitive to odors - and were very happy with it. It was clean, bright, and quiet - and the continental breakfast was excellent. There is a great hometown-style restaurant (inside the building) called the Sugar Grove where we enjoyed the next day's lunch and dinner while waiting for a rental car. Two nights at Americas Best in Marion, and we were rested and ready to get back on the road.

Room Tip: Always ask to see your room before unloading your belongings.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Gayle H,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I am sorry you had to stay under those circumstances. I hope this response finds you doing well. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you during that time. Come back again and see us!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

I called because I left something at the hotel and the man spoke little English You Couldn't hear him over the phone! I need help with getting a pair of Golden and Ruby earrings and the man spoke and described nothing he just let me do all the talking! If this is how the Hotel is going to stay then I'm never coming back!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Delrks,

Thank you for bringing your issue to my attention. If you could please contact me directly to discuss the matter. I was waiting to receive the prepaid envelope which you were supposed to send us. We do have a strict lost and found policy. Due to the cost and liability associated with valuables, I want to be sure that your items are property returned.

I look forward to hearing from you.

West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Only spent one night. Therea are not a lot of Hotels in Marion to choose from, this was adjoined to a EconoLodge which i believe had the same owners. It didn't appear to be as nice as the Best Value Inn. We had no issues with our room or the service. There is a really good diner inside that serves a really good hot "homemade" breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear WVblast,

Thank you for sharing an honest review with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you come stay with us again if you should return to the area!

Brush Creek, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

As there is not to many places to stay in Marion, we decided to stay here. We had to attend a funeral and just drove in from FL. First thing we noticed upon opening the door was a pile of leaves inside the room by the front door Second thing was the snake skin lying in the middle of the room. As we had little choice, we complained to the front desk.who promptly said "sorry" and that was that. Never again will I stay at this place!

• Stayed September 2011
Dear silverdriver20,

I appreciate the fact that you took time to post a review with us. I apologize for not responding in a timely manner. The hotel is under new ownership since your stay. We have updated our facilities such as painting, carpeting. We try our best to correct any issues and are disappointed to hear about the matter. If there is any way that you could give us another opportunity to serve you, please let me know.

Harrisonburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

This motel is one a of trend of formerly decent motels being bought out by people from India, who proceed to run them as a family business, squeezing every penny to make a profit. The motel was originally a "Best Western" built to attract traveler off nearby I-81. The motel is showing evidence of beginning to run down - the 20 plus year old ice machine (that was supposed to serve the entire motel) was nonfunctional with the owner expressing little concern for repair; there were roofing shingles from a recent storm blown around the grounds that the owners made no effort to pick up over several days while we were there, rooms were A/C by the old style units at the base of windows that made a lot of noise, ceiling & carpets & walls through out were showing stains and wear, the pool was turbid and scary looking & surrounded by aged pool furniture with no canopies, the so called breakfast in the lobby was spartan. I really don't believe the owners have the "gumption" to do much with this place and would not be surprised to see it go under, especially if a competitor opens a travel motel nearer the interstate. Please note that there is a very good restaurant within the motel that is operated as a separate business - it was a pre-existing business that relocated from out in the countryside into town when they lost their water supply. It was amusing to watch the silver haired ladies and old men with canes come in from the area to eat breakfast there.

Room Tip: ask for a room in front, trains run behind the motel in the middle of night
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear D D,

Thank you for sharing a traveler review with us. I am sorry it has taken so long to respond. We take great pride in our facilities. I am surprised to hear that you were not satisfied with the upkeep. We did have a few major storms hit the area. Our breakfast area is limited due to space. However, we do offer a variety of items such as cereals, milk, juices, fruits, instant grits and oatmeal, waffles, English Muffins, toast. Our pool is clean and sidewalks painted. The pool furniture was updated and pictures can be provided upon request. I am sorry that we could not meet your expectations.

Americas Best Value Inn-Marion VA
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

This is a good hotel at a good price. Our clean, spacious room with very comfortable king-size bed also had a couch, table and chairs, and all the usual amenities (coffee maker, etc). Unless you want luxury-level accommodation, this is the place to stay in Marion.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear J P M,

On behalf of the staff of Americas Best Value Inn, I would like to personally thank you for sharing a review with us. My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our clean and spacious king rooms. We hope that you stay with us in the future.

Americas Best Value Inn-Marion, VA

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!