We celebrated our anniversary with a magnificent dinner at Town House in Chilhowie, Virginia and wanted a nearby hotel with a little personality. We found LOTS of it at the General Francis Marion. We had a small, but very clean, comfortable room with an updated bathroom. It's a nicely restored historic hotel and the staff is lovely. Wish we'd had time to try their restaurant, Black Rooster, I understand it's very good. Don't miss getting a Dip Dog on your way in or out of town!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic General Francis Marion Hotel was originally built in 1927 and was restored to its original elegance. The hotel's 36 guest rooms are beautifully appointed in period furniture with emphasis on comfort and luxury. The Black Rooster, the hotel's restaurant offers superb dining in a Roaring '20s atmosphere. Located just up the street from the famous Lincoln Theatre, the hotel is listed in both the National and the Virginia Historic Registers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Expedia so you can book your General Francis Marion Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- General Francis Hotel Marion
- General Francis Marion Hotel Virginia