After a weary several days traveling through Appalachia I was not at all sure what I would find in Marion VA. What I found was a gorgeously renovated hotel, with top notch customer service and funishings to die for (the bed was so comfortable I actually slept in the next day). I will make it a point to stay at this hotel when next I am in Marion.
The staff knew my name, my room was pristine, my meeting room was already set up and catering was lovely. Having coffee in the main lobby was kind of a switch from being able to make it in the room, but there were several little nooks where people can sit so when the staff offered to bring it to me I declined and set out for the nearest easy chair. The restaurant was pretty good, although I only got to experience lunch so I can't comment on dinner (Macados down the street, basically sandwich fare). Marion around the hotel has a lovely small town feel, and driving through Hungry Mother state park afforded lovely nature views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic General Francis Marion Hotel was originally built in 1927 and was restored to its original elegance. The hotel's 36 guest rooms are beautifully appointed in period furniture with emphasis on comfort and luxury. The Black Rooster, the hotel's restaurant offers superb dining in a Roaring '20s atmosphere. Located just up the street from the famous Lincoln Theatre, the hotel is listed in both the National and the Virginia Historic Registers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Expedia so you can book your General Francis Marion Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- General Francis Hotel Marion
- General Francis Marion Hotel Virginia