We enjoyed our stay at the Francis Marion. Nice little quaint town, good for a stop over, maybe not a main attraction. We enjoyed a walk around the small down town, aged but interesting
architecture. The Black Rooster, the in hotel restaurant/bar, had an intriguing menu.
Enjoyed a nice glass of port. Our room was very comfortable and had plenty of room.
The hotel itself was very interesting in it's history and preservation. For the price,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic General Francis Marion Hotel was originally built in 1927 and was restored to its original elegance. The hotel's 36 guest rooms are beautifully appointed in period furniture with emphasis on comfort and luxury. The Black Rooster, the hotel's restaurant offers superb dining in a Roaring '20s atmosphere. Located just up the street from the famous Lincoln Theatre, the hotel is listed in both the National and the Virginia Historic Registers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your General Francis Marion Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- General Francis Hotel Marion
- General Francis Marion Hotel Virginia