“Incredibly good seafood” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Plymouth, NC
“Incredibly good seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I like to stop here when we are traveling up to Delaware. For many years we passed by because it doesn't look like much from the outside..more like a seafood shack. One day we decided to try it and OH MY GOODNESS..the food was delicious! Last weekend we were fortunate to be heading north on Friday and back south on Saturday, so we stopped both days! On Friday I had a crab cake sandwich and a shrimp sandwich. The crab cakes are very good...very little filler and very tasty. The shrimp sandwich was so full of shrimp that they kept falling out. My husband got the fish sandwich...when he unwrapped it we couldn't believe it. There were TWO large flounder filets that were literally hanging off the bun! We even took a picture of it and sent it to our daughter. Since the fish sandwich looked so good, I decided to get one on Saturday. I don't know what is in the breading, but it is so flavorful and the fish wasn't a bit greasy. In the past, we tried the seafood platter and ate at the picnic tables outside of the building (there is not seating inside). They were loaded with seafood and very reasonably priced. Every time we have been there, there has been a constant stream of customers. The locals apparently call in orders and come to pick them up. We try to time our driving so that we will pass by around lunchtime. There have been a couple of times that we passed by and it wasn't open and we were so disappointed. If you are heading up Highway 13, look for this place (it is just past the Stuckey's heading north) and prepare for some awesome seafood!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Richmond, Virginia
“The best seafood EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We always stop here when visiting the eastern shore. It is a little shack on the side if the road off of Rt 13. It is between the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel and Chincoteague. It is locally owned and they serve the best local seafood I have ever had! The lady at the counter is so nice. You can not eat inside, it is take out only. However, they have a covered patio area out front, which is nice. Their prices are so reasonable for the amount of food you get! I mean huge platters! This is where all of the locals go and I am so glad they shared the best kept secret on the shore!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere