“Absolute Dump!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   5016 S Amherst Hwy, Madison Heights, VA 24572 (Formerly Best Value)   |
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Madison Heights
Manassas, Virginia
“Absolute Dump!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Interior carpets hadn't been vacuumed in weeks. Flies swarming inside doors on lower end near ice machine (which only partially worked). Furniture splitting open on seams. Bedding and pillows smelled musty. Shower curtain had mold along entire bottom. Shower leaked water all over floor. Debris left on floor by housekeeping (Corona beer cap). Most of the TV channels were very fuzzy. Exterior even worse. Grounds had litter in grass. Paint peeling off of building. Staff extremely unfriendly and not helpful. We didn't dare use the pool as we feared typhoid. I think people rent theses rooms and live in them. Some pretty shady characters staying there. I guess for $60 bucks you get what you pay for. I would imagine this would be acceptable to anyone with living standards even with living in a pig sty.

Room Tip: There are no good room here. Keep driving.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
AbviLynchburg, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear CRuth99,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to share a traveler opinion with us. I am sorry to hear about the negative experience you had during your stay. We have recently renovated our property, including painting, microfridges, grouted bathroom floors, new tile flooring and tiles in breakfast area, fencing around perimeter of property for added security. If you had reported the issues during your stay, we could have moved you to another room.

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

We stayed here for Graduation Weekend in Lynchburg. We were originally staying at another hotel in downtown Lynchburg, until we found out their rates were $190 per night (only because it was graduation weekend). This hotel is only about 2 miles from downtown Lynchburg. I admit that we were a bit skeptical of this hotel /motel from the outside, but were pleasantly surprised on the inside. It is a basic room, nothing fancy, but it was fairly large and clean enough (we found a pair of socks under one chair). It does have a fridge, microwave, and coffee pot. There were no stains on the sheets and no bed bugs. The towels were on the thin side, and had a few old stains, but they were soft enough. The young man who made our reservation in person was very helpful and showed us our room before we agreed to stay. This hotel /motel was fine - comfy king size bed, cushy chairs, decent pillows, good a/c, great water pressure, interior passageways, and very quiet when we stayed. There is a definite cleaning chemical smell in the hallways, but not in our room, and no hint of smoke in the room, either, which was a relief for those of us with allergies.
The free breakfast was surprisingly good, too - waffle maker, real apple juice in the fridge (not the watered down stuff you get from a machine), cereal, donuts, bagels, fruit, and I think there was yogurt. We made our own fresh coffee with the help of another guest, and we were the only ones in the small breakfast room.
They were pressure washing the empty pool the morning we left, so I'm guessing it's going to be open soon?
I gave this three stars not because I was displeased with anything, but just because it is a basic hotel with no frills.
Overall, if you are okay with a slightly dated but solidly basic and clean room with a continental breakfast for a price that can't be beat, I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Dear Frugal-Travellers,

Thank you for sharing a response with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable guest rooms, continental breakfast, water pressure, and friendly staff. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Greenwood, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

My room was clean, and that's the main concern for me. Had a nice microwave and refridgerator. TV did not work at first until i giggled the cord leading into the wall. Shower had the most water volume ever! But water not hot enough for my taste. Entire motel had rather strong chemical/cleaner smell. Continental breakfast was better than i expected. In mid May, the swimming pool was dry. Overall the motel is rundown, but not enough to stay away. One of the cheaper motels in an area of expensive lodgeing.. I would stay here again, but not my first choise.

Room Tip: Room 118 is good.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear depfife,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our clean rooms, water pressure and continental breakfast. We normally open our swimming pool from Memorial Day until Labor Day each year. We hope that you stay with us again if you ever return to the area.

Kingsport, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

This is a decent hotel! I don't understand why people complain online but won't go to management with their problems while they are staying there.

• Stayed May 2012
AbviLynchburg, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

Staying here for a 2 week stay. The young man at the front desk was extremely nice, polite and helpful..I can say that they are doing room remoldeling. I have been seeing them painting rooms. It is a cheap older hotel so it is what it is but it fit nicely for us.I believe I had a already remodeled room. It seemed decent and clean.and had a microwave,waist high refrig. and heat lights in the bath. I had to have a package sent here I recieved it with no problems.I did smell the smell of cigarette smoke in the hall ways but I am a non smoker and stayed in a non-smoking room and did not smell the smoke in my room. Convienient on and off the highway. Lots of eating establishments within a mile and walmart is 2mi.Thanks for a clean decent stay!

Room Tip: home office rooms
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Chincoteague, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

The pictures are decieving. The whole place is run down, unkept and scary. I had already booked it for 3 nights or we would have left as soon as we got there. The halls were scary, dirty and poorly lit. The room smelled like mold or something. The refrigerator made noise so we had to play TV all night. They said they had HBO but not on our TV. The internet connection was poor. The sheets didn't fit the bed, it was a king size bed with double bed sheets on sideways. The pillows were flat. The springs in the sofa and chair in the room were broken and they were very uncomfortable. The towels were rough as sand paper. The coffee pot was broken. There was dust all over the furniture and the heat/air conditioner unit was dirty. The smell of the place made me physically ill. The pool and spa tub were out of order and looked like they had been that way for quite awhile. You could hear through the walls. We got up early and checked out. I lost money because we booked through Expedia.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Madison Heights hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

This place was FILTHY! This place smelled,stains ever way even the walls. I think prison life may be cleaner. ventilation was poor, no screen in the patio door. I was afraid to sit on anything. I went out and bought a sheet to sit and sleep on in my clothes and plenty of lysol. The front desk person was not very accommodating. I would not recommend this place to ANYONE

Room Tip: Don't go to America'a Best Lynchburg!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
AbviLynchburg, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you felt you experienced with us. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. All claims against this property will be further investigated and corrected where necessary. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Tejas-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Madison Heights, VA

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!