“Not the best, far from the worst” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Madison Heights

You added Knights Inn Madison Heights to your Saves list
Knights Inn Madison Heights
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   3642 S. Amherst Highway, US Hwy 29 & Amherst Hwy, Madison Heights, VA 24572   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Madison Heights
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Not the best, far from the worst”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed here while visiting a friend at Sweet Briar and the thing that comes to mind when summarizing my stay at the Knights Inn at Madison Heights is "old, but still alright". The rooms could use a little TLC, but that's to be expected for the price. My only issues were in the bathroom, with my toilet clogging and the shower having hair in it already.

The location is very convenient when you're headed to it from the interstate and the staff at both check-in and check-out was friendly and efficient.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

It is an older building. Part of my ceiling was falling off. And the inside looks very dated. I only have two complaints. One is that when I turned the air conditioner/heater system on it smelled. The other is there were no 3-hole outlets in the walls. I had to unplug the microwave (which was plugged into an extension cord) in order to charge my laptop. Otherwise it was a good small room. There was cable, a desk, and a bed. The bed is what sold it for me. It was the best night's sleep I have ever gotten in a hotel bed. You know those lines you get when you have a good night's sleep? Yeah I got those from the bed and I NEVER get them from a hotel bed. It had hot water and reliable internet access.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I was really worried about staying here after reading the other reviews, but I have to admit the place wasn't that bad. I don't know if they have recently completed renovations or not, but our room was clean, with updated furniture, fridge, and microwave. The heating/cooling unit worked fine. The bathroom was clean and the towels appeared to be relatively new. All of the linens were clean. The internet service worked fine. I was travelling with my child and never felt unsafe or worried about our safety. We never saw any evidence of bugs or mold. I thought the price was very reasonable for the room we had ($45.00 plus tax for 2 people on a Saturday night) and I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing an affordable, clean place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Cary, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed here for one night in Dec 2012. Their "non-smoking" room is full of smoke smell with a sign "non-smoking". Changing the sign does not make a smoking room non-smoking!!!
No hot water during our stay there. They told us they were fixing it during the night and we would have hot water in the morning, but turned out no.
A/C is old old old...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Madison Heights hotels

Woodstock, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

The room was older, but clean. All linen was clean. It was comfortable. The owner who attended us at all times for the three night stay was extremely friendly, helpful and willing to please. He reworked our reservations such that we actually saved a few dollars.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hilton Head, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We arrived to this hotel on our trip from Buffalo,NY back to Hilton Head, SC at 4am. We were in need of rest so we decided to stop here for the rest of the night. When we arrived the lady stuttered changing the price from 40something to $55. We thought that was a little choppy but none the less decided to stay. When we walked into the room we saw a dark dank slightly tidied room but we were exhausted so we turned in. Two and a half hours later the neighbor next to our room 242 started to wake up. This must have been a monthly tenant because one of his at least five children "needs to hurry up and eat his cereal its time for school." It only got worse as the kids started running outside the rooms and yelling at the top of their lungs. This went on for about forty minutes when I decided to call the office on the phone. The phone didn't work!!! So I went down to the office and was told it was my fault for not calling the office...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Westfield, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

When you pay $50 a night, you aren't getting the Courtyard Marriott. Not even the Marriott's courtyard. It felt worn and had the usual signs: scuff marks on the walls, a cracked electrical outlet that worked but only if the plugs didn't fall out, and two I hadn't seen before: The only bathroom outlet is outside on the second vanity but it's switched by the overhead light, so of course of phones didn't charge the first night; and the bedside lamp wouldn't turn on and after asking the hotel to fix it, it wouldn't turn off except by unscrewing the bulbs. On the plus side were three things: didn't feel unsafe, the non-smoking room (ours at least) didn't smell of smoke, and the price didn't seem outrageous as a place to sleep. It's the place to stay if nothing else is available in nearby Lynchburg. Ladies: Anybody who uses the Knights Inn for romantic purposes, the guy's a cheapskate. Keep looking.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for non-smoking. If something is wrong, ask that it be fixed; they do it address i...