“Normal, cheap, and easy” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #15 of 22 hotels in Lynchburg
Columbus, Ohio
“Normal, cheap, and easy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is by no means a "nice hotel", but it is cheap and a place that is clean with a bed and a bathroom. I stayed here when visiting friends at LU many times, I always got a good rate, quick check in/out, simple breakfast, friendly staff, and great location to LU, Timberlake Rd, and Wards Rd. I'd stay here any time, again, and have over 20 times.

Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Luray, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

We stayed here this past week with my son and friends and we couldn't have been treated better by all the staff. Beverly was especially helpful. The rooms were clean and if we had a problem it was taken care of promptly. We definitely will be back to stay again. Thanks.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
David F, Owner at BEST WESTERN Of Lynchburg, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for kind comments. It was our pleasure to serve you while you were visting Lynchburg.

Kindest regards,

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

My husband and I came in on 2/18/2012 for a one night stay to visit my sister in the hospital..We had made reservations online.When we arrived I had requested a room without steps due to my disability and was told they had no rooms avali to accomadate me.I had to have a room upstairs or one going downstairs.How upset I was.I thought by law hotels are to accomadate handicap folks?I notice they had plenty of rooms avali without cars there on the first floor.Not only that but, the man that checked us in on Sat was veryt rude.He was on the phone with a guest supposely asking for directions to the place and this man slammed his fist on the counter while we were standing there.

Room Tip: No handicap rooms were avali.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
David F, Owner at BEST WESTERN Of Lynchburg, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

I am terribly sorry for your unacceptable experience at my hotel. As a Champion Award Winner for customer service, we are driven to provide the very best service and accommodations for our customers. Clearly we have failed. I would like to extend to you a refund for your stay. Please
call me personally at (434) 665-3905.

Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

positives: courteous staff
clean, comfortable
easy internet access
nicer than other hotels in Lynchburg in similar price range
negatives: no microwaves in any of the rooms
motel instead of hotel-- i.e., exterior doors

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
David F, Owner at BEST WESTERN Of Lynchburg, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. Thank you for your comments about your stay at our property.

buckeyebears
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Nice hotel, a little "old" in style. Was clean & had a fairly good breakfast. Walls are thin, we could hear the alarm going off in the next room. Beds were very comfortable, but we had to turn on air conditioning to block out the traffic noise. Our room was close to the highway. Did get 10% off dinner at a couple area resturaunts. Staff was very nice & helpful.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
David F, Owner at BEST WESTERN Of Lynchburg, responded to this review, October 2, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest while you were visiting Lynchburg.

Hatboro, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Stayed here with my wife and two kids one night on a trip through Virginia. Got a very good rate -- less than Holiday Inn and other comparable hotels in the area. Room was clean, staff was friendly - brought extra pillows and blankets up to my room very quickly on request. They have a pool -- it's small, but the kids still enjoyed it. Complimentary breakfast was well-stocked, more so than most free breakfasts I've seen at other Best Westerns. I'd stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Steve C C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Of Lynchburg, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
Thank you for your kind remarks. It was our pleasure to serve you.

Steve Coleman
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

Stayed a week attending class at Liberty. What I like most is that you could tell pride of ownership. For an exterior hotel it was great. Modern room and next to many food outlets and shopping. Wife loved area.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor. Love drive up rooms.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
JoyFederico, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Of Lynchburg, responded to this review, June 23, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Best Western of Lynchburg. We appreciate your glowing comments, and have shared them with the staff. We look forward to haveing you stay with us again!

Joy Federico
Director of Sales and Marketing

Been to BEST WESTERN Of Lynchburg? Share your experiences!