“Ethiopian Cuisine Makes Great Start” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #83 of 253 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Ethiopian Cuisine Makes Great Start”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I had always wanted to try this cuisine. but this was my first experience. My wife and I ordered the meat sampler and the vegetable sampler. To my surprise I preferred the vegetable over the meat. The waiter was helpful with his instruction on eating the food, which is done by tearing off part of a large pancake and picking up the food. The portions are large and we took some home. The pancake dissolved making the food less desirable to eat. I look forward to returning and trying this new cuisine at other restaurants.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“I loved Ethiopian food - Who knew?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I really liked that Injera offered samplers, so we got to try 4 dishes. Also they have a big selection for vegetarians, so when our son visits, we have a new exotic place to take him and his wife (both vegans.)

Lynchburg, Virginia
“Great Ethiopian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This was our first visit to this fairly new restaurant in Lynchburg. It is great to have something different from the highway 29 chain restaurants that all serve the same boring things. We had a meat combination dish with two kinds of chicken and a combination vegetable dish with collards, okra, and pumpkin. The combinations allow you to try small servings of several different things. As is typical with Ethiopian restaurants, the food is served on a type of soft spongy bread, and you eat with your fingers. Everything we had was excellent. The food was flavorful and spicy but not hot. Every dish was unique and had its own flavor. The spicy hot tea was also very good. I was determined to eat every bite and was a bit too full when I finished. The decor is simple and the restaurant seemed very clean. The server was very friendly, gave us helpful advice, and was informative about the food.

We usually eat at an Ethiopian restaurant called The Nile when we are in Richmond, and this was equally as good. I am very glad to have this restaurant in Lynchburg and will definitely go again.

“Marvelous Ethiopian Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Ok, this isn't for the meat -and-potatoes folks, but if your palate is more adventurous, don't miss this treasure in downtown Lynchburg, across from the Community Market. The dishes are spiced and cooked to perfection. A+!

• Visited June 2014